Not Engaged Yet

Updates (kinda long)

It feels weird to have been away from the boards for so long! FI and I went to a wedding in Colorado the weekend of the 20th and ever since we got back, it's been go go go, and I've hardly had a chance to lurk, much less post. I missed you guys!

The wedding was lovely and the weather was AMAZING. My friends and I joked that we're all now on a 5 year plan to move to Colorado.

A couple of wedding updates: We started looking at venues last week, and I think we found the place! It's a museum, and I absolutely love it. We're waiting to sign until we decide on a church and can make sure they have the same date available. Hopefully that will all take place next week, and then I'll AW some pics :) I'm so excited to almost have my first major check!

FI's parents were in town last weekend, so they went with us to look at some of the venues, and we also scouted rehearsal dinner sites on Saturday. FI has a specific idea of where/what he wants for the RD, and I think they're on board so that's good.

Aaand, I had orientation for grad school on Sunday! It was awesome, I met some cool people who will be in my program, and I got to register for classes. I can't believe I start NEXT WEEK. After being out of school for 4 years, this is going to be weird...  Now i just need to buy my books and get a laptop!

What are everyone else's updates? Any engagements? I saw that Lunar bought a house - that's awesome, congratulations!!!
PhotobucketWedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Updates (kinda long)

• Blue & WhiteBlue & White member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    edited December 2011
    Welcome back and congrats on the wedding! :)

We're moving to a new rental house in a few weeks, other than that - nothing big happening here :)
    I guess, to tell you the truth, I've never had much of a desire to grow facial hair. I think I've managed to play quarterback just fine without a mustache. - Peyton
  • elanniselannis member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I have to agree that Colorado is a beautiful place. Congrats on a possible venue!! Good luck starting grad school too!

Nothing new here either. I am boring as well.
    -Ely

Daisypath Wedding tickers
  • lunarsongbirdlunarsongbird member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to Updates (kinda long):
    [QUOTE My friends and I joked that we're all now on a 5 year plan to move to Colorado. I saw that Lunar bought a house - that's awesome, congratulations!!!
    Posted by AnneR15[/QUOTE]

Yes, Please!!

I would love to have all the knotties move to Colorado! :) You could stay in my new the next time to you visit.

Teehehee...

Glad things are going well with you!
    LilySlim Weight loss tickers
  • peekaboo2011peekaboo2011 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    Glad things are going well!  And I'm glad you're back!

Nothing new here either though.  I'm on the boring boat.
    I french with my man
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • edited December 2011
    No updates from me, I've barely been on lately since our internet is constantly not working, or I'm at work and can't access TK.

I started reading Game of Thrones, and its awesome.  So I guess that's something!
    image Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • ravenrayravenray member
    5 Love Its Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    Sounds like a great time!  Ohh what kind of museam?

Er I got engaged. :)  and so did Rdr! And some random noob. 
    Other then that I am boring too,  I started school two weeks ago.
    "Love is not affectionate feeling, but a steady wish for the loved person's ultimate good as far as it can be obtained"-C.S. Lewis

Married! May 27th, 2012

• edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_updates-kinda-long?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:136Discussion:b29c5e7d-26e6-427a-b4cc-b46c91dddc9cPost:996131fa-4413-47f8-ac62-93f663a7a60b">Re: Updates (kinda long)</a>:
    [QUOTE]Congrats on finding a venue!  What's the date you're tentatively planning? I just started classes last night for my second semester of grad school.  I'm in for a lot this semester - 3 classes (3 nights in a row) plus my job.  It's rough, but going back to school just feels right (I graduated from college 3 years ago).  I'm not doing something I love, and I needed to take these steps to get into a career that I actually enjoy.   What are you going back to school for?
    Posted by yaga13[/QUOTE]

We're planning on July 7, 2012 as of right now.

I totally hear ya on the school front. I just wish it didn't have to take 3 years to start doing something that excites me. I haven't even started and I already want to be done, haha. But I know it's going to be absolutely worth it. I'm like you - I'm taking 4 classes (evenings and weekends) and working full time. Hopefully it's doable!

I'm going back to get a Masters in Counseling. I was a psych major in college, but work for the government now. Definitely not on a career path I feel passionate about.
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_updates-kinda-long?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:136Discussion:b29c5e7d-26e6-427a-b4cc-b46c91dddc9cPost:2b5b61b9-494e-4922-a081-a1e02a872a45">Re: Updates (kinda long)</a>:
    [QUOTE]Sounds like a great time!  Ohh what kind of museam? Er I got engaged. :)  and so did Rdr! And some random noob.  Other then that I am boring too,  I started school two weeks ago.
    Posted by ravenray[/QUOTE]

aaah, CONGRATULATIONS!! I'll go back now and find your story, but that is so exciting :)

It's a museum on Texas history. The tables and dance floor would be on top of a granite map of the state! I think it'll be unique for the out-of-state guests who've never been to Texas, and my mom was a Texas historian so I like that it makes it meaningful for our family.

Congrats again!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards