Arizona-Phoenix

Just Engaged - Barely setting a date

My fiance and I have been together for 3 years now and he proposed on my birthday in 2010 :-) It was the best night of my life by far. He's my complete world. We currently already live together.

I'm still in school and 24yrs old. I want to finish nursing school before we get married. So we're thinking March 2015. I haven't set a for sure date just yet.

I still want to look into things early and figure all this wedding planning stuff out now so maybe I'll get good deals and the wedding I want!

My ideal wedding is in my parents backyard. They live on an acre. I want it to be close family and friends. Maybe 100 people. 150 people at the most. We're thinking of having the reception else where and my other main concern in catering. Wedding colors will be purple and black :-)

I would love to find out what other people are doing and get ideas.

Re: Just Engaged - Barely setting a date

• edited December 2011
    Welcome and congratulations on your engagement!
    Photobucket
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers

TTC since 2-09 Diagnosed with PCOS 12-11

• edited December 2011
  • edited December 2011
    Congrats.

As far as planning, you have plenty of time, which means plenty of time to change your mind.  I would strongly discourage you from booking anything until at least 2013.
  • missasweetmissasweet member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Congrats On the Engagement!! I myself am just got engaged in February. My fiance and I have been together for 5 years. We are getting married February 11th 2012. Just so you know March is a big month in wedding season. So you do have awhile before you have to decide on a date. But make sure that once you decide on a date is March 2015 you will need to book the place a least a year in advanced. My best friend is getting married next march and she only had one date to choose from because all the other days were taken. But you really have a lot of time right now so just relax and enjoy your engagement. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Marissa0717Marissa0717 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Congrats ladies!!! Wedding planning can be stressful at times, but overall it is fun. Enjoy it!
    BabyFruit Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards