Iowa-Quad Cities

mod...

isn't there anything that can be done about all the Storybook Endings posts?? That's all that is on the board anymore and its crazy.

Re: mod...

• in my opinion they should be deleted or atleast be a sticky at the top for people to post about it...
  • Yes, get rid of them!  Nothing makes me want to shop at that place less than all these annoying posts!
    LilySlim Weight loss tickers Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I agree with a sticky.  They can still post to get their "credit" but they won't be posting all over the boards.
    Formerly known as flutterbride2b
  • WildMageletWildMagelet member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment First Answer
    edited April 2012
    Shouldn't it fall under the same spam guidelines as anywhere else?  They're essentially posting an advertisement for personal gain.  I don't know if there is a mod for IA/QC anymore.  I'll email Knot Kathleen and see what she says.  

Edit: E-mail sent.
  • I have always wondered if it was against the rules.... but then again I don't know all of the rules and loop holes to all the rules
  • beaty+bjork, you can find the "Terms of Use" at the very bottom of every page.  There's one bullet point that specficially mentions "No Solicitation."  One of the Knot gods deleted a few of the posts (as you can see) but there currently is no moderator for this board.
  • Just cause I'm nuts....how would one become a MOD if one wanted too?

• hz80408hz80408 member
    5 Love Its First Comment Combo Breaker
    I've emailed about becoming Mod of this board a few times and haven't gotten any responses :O(
  • You fill out an application and volunteer and the admins determine if you'd be a good fit (i.e. - don't break rules, don't cause drama, visit regularly).  I've got an e-mail address you can contact if you're interested, send me a PM.
  • hz80408hz80408 member
    5 Love Its First Comment Combo Breaker
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_iowa-quad-cities_mod?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:93Discussion:705816ba-8419-4dc8-8bd0-72fd3a976ef5Post:482962cb-5cae-4c64-b7c0-5416824ad428">Re: mod...</a>:
    [QUOTE]You fill out an application and volunteer and the admins determine if you'd be a good fit (i.e. - don't break rules, don't cause drama, visit regularly).  I've got an e-mail address you can contact if you're interested, send me a PM.
    Posted by flutterbride2b[/QUOTE]

Oh sorry, I should have mentioned I'm Chicago TK mod. I have the info; but they're still not responding...have you had any luck?
  • I haven't....
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards