Wedding Reception Forum
Options

MOVED: How much to register for?

I am struggling with the number of items to register for- we are currently registered at BBB and Pottery Barn, with a majority of the items at BBB.

For the wedding, we have 230 people invited. I am guessing there are about 50-60 invited to the shower. This guest count is courtesy of massive Italian families on both sides :)

We have registered for 136 items at BBB and 65 items at Pottery Barn, making the total 201. It seems like a lot to me, but my mom pointed out that a lot of the items on my BBB registry are in the $5-$10 dollar range... FI wanted OXO cooking tools, etc. We have a few big ticket items, but not many. Most things are scattered in the $20-$70 range.

I noticed on a lot of registry pages that it says that to determine the number of items to register for, add up the number of people invited to the wedding and shower and then multiply that by at least 2. That makes it seem like I didn't register for nearly enough gifts.

Is this suggestion correct? I know it is a statement by the stores that want more business so they want you to register for as much as possible.

Any advice or suggestions would be wonderful. Thanks!

ETA: I completely meant to put this in the Registering and Gifts Board.... sorry for the mix up! I copied it over there!

Re: MOVED: How much to register for?

• Options
    I would agree -- register for more.  I'd get to at least 250 if you can.  Google some wedding registry check lists and I'm positive you'll come across a couple of things that would be great to have that you've missed.
  • Options
    register for more things only if they are things you actually want and will use!  No need to add items you will never use and do not want.  Smaller registries are fine and many of the guests are probably like me who do cash or gift cards for wedding gifts. 

Anniversary
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards