Minnesota-Minneapolis and St. Paul

Dress shopping

So since our wedding is just over 9 months away I'm guessing I should start looking for a dress, even though I plan on shedding about 10-15 lbs.  I'm looking for suggestions.  I obviously want the dress of my dreams, but I also realize I am wearing it for 1 day and don't want to spend over $2000. Suggestions would be wonderful!!!
ThanksKiss

Re: Dress shopping

• bemistobebemistobe member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Napier Bridal in W. St. Paul! I got my dress for $180 -- originally $928! :) GOOD LUCK!!!!!
  • drdifabiodrdifabio member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    K so my trick was to shop all over till I found the dress I wanted - which happened to be at Bella Bridal Boutique in Woodberry. Then I called around to see which store I could get the best deal at. I ended up buying the sample from the Wedding Shoppe on Grand as it was exactly the right color and size I would have ordered! The dress was originally about 1k and I got it for $425.
  • edited December 2011
    I got my dress at The Bridal Shop at Macys downtown Mpls. I have pics in my bio and a review thus far! :)
    Good Luck Its the best part! I was kinda bummed I found mine right away! I wanted to spread out the fun!
  • wittyschaffywittyschaffy member
    Combo Breaker First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Wedding Shoppe for me.  Spent 400.
  • graysquirrelgraysquirrel member
    5 Love Its Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Dress warehouse in Blaine. Got a Sottero & Midgley for nearly half off.
    Photobucket
  • debbieupperdebbieupper member
    5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I got mine at Brides of France. I went to both locations, but I think the Uptown store is bigger. They carry La Sposa dresses, which are fantabulous! The ladies there are quirky and fun -- it's like playing dress up. They also have a ton of awesome vintage brooches and stuff.
    Married and lovin' it!
    Our Wedding! (click.)
  • ogrady88ogrady88 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I got my dress at the L'atelier Couture's sample sale.  They had some really great deals and they may fit under your budget.  It was nice to get a great quality dress that fit within our budget.
  • edited December 2011
    I'm going to look tomorrow for all kinds of dresses. My DOC works at The Wedding Connection in Maplewood so we're starting there. I've been there once before, it's really nice because it's smaller and quiet.
  • edited December 2011
    L Atelier Couture has a wonderful selection and their annual sample sale is July 12
    http://www.facebook.com/laura.nelli?v=wall&story_fbid=137856676226720#!/event.php?eid=123924220968209&index=1

They also would be able to work with you on your budget & the sevice there is amazing. Good luck and happy hunting
  • bemidji21bemidji21 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    The Wedding Shoppe in St. Paul was AMAZING! I found my dress there :) They have a great selection and are VERY reasonably priced.
  • edited December 2011
    My DOC works at a shop in Maplewood. The Wedding Connection.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards