Wedding Etiquette Forum

um, brooke?

Thanks for making me laugh (your FB status). 

I'm stressing out over this way too much and need to just get over it, but thanks for making me smile.  Smile
BFP(1) DD1 born 4.17.10 @ 33w5d due to pPROM
BFP(4) DD2 born 2.14.13 @ 35w5d due to pPROM

Lilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie Premature Baby tickers

Re: um, brooke?

• You're welcome. :) Don't stress out. Things happen. I think the talk you plan to have with her is perfectly appropriate. She sounds like she needs to take a chill pill and respect the distance between teacher and student, anyway.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Infertile, living childfree, advocating like a BOSS
  • I just wish I knew what she was talking about!  Grrrrr.

• Share for those who are connected to you on fb.  Pretty please.
  • I'm pretty sure you're onto something with the Dunkin Donuts hunch. She must be very resentful that she doesn't have Munchkins. Who wouldn't be?
  • Did you put this girl on limited yet?  If not, do it now please.
    my read shelf:
    Amber Lea's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf) imageTell Me A Tale
  • Capri, my status says "Brooke is praying for sucrets, dammit." And yes, I used sucrets. Just for my knotties :)
  • Hell yes, Night.  As soon as I saw her message.

• I laughed aloud reading that, Miss Brooke. 
    my read shelf:
    Amber Lea's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf) imageTell Me A Tale
  • I just got here---after a very long day. I have no idea what this is about Cry
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • rach, read my other 2 posts.

• ::off to read them now!!::

Oh Hai!!!
  • Essentially a bsc religious student is trying to save Sucrets and got upset when she said "the D word" in a facebook update.
    my read shelf:
  • Yes...it's either dammit, driving, or Dunkin Donuts.  We can't figure it out.

• Sucrets, change your facebook "policy" and don't friend students?  I don't friend them until after they've graduated, to avoid crap like this - and to avoid seeing pics i DON'T want to be seeing.
    imageAnniversary

RIP Dr. Irving Fishman - 10/1/19-7/25/10 - thank you for holding on for me.
    You made my wedding day complete.
  • Holy HELL. I just got caught up!! That shiit is bananas.

Sucrets, you really should get your ass to church though--or that baby of yours is going to come out swearing like a pirate.
  • Since I am not cool enough to be fb friends with you I'll pray for you as well.  And that is the reason I left the south.  one time I had a little kid tell me i was going to hell for my tattoos........ little s@$t......
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_um-brooke?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:be2a8d4b-f0b9-488a-9937-7e1db8a03d1cPost:8b7557c7-5267-4c07-bdff-7d95629901d6">Re: um, brooke?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Holy HELL. I just got caught up!! That shiit is bananas. Sucrets, you really should get your ass to church though--or that baby of yours is going to come out swearing like a pirate.
    Posted by RachNRich[/QUOTE]

omg, if it came out with an eye patch, DH would be THRILLED!!!

Hiya kiki!  I think it would be a little better if I taught in the city, but the tiny town that I work in is pretty ridiculous.  I feel very out of place.

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_um-brooke?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:be2a8d4b-f0b9-488a-9937-7e1db8a03d1cPost:e7fbe993-ac41-4207-8488-82a08cd07ead">Re: um, brooke?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Sucrets, change your facebook "policy" and don't friend students?  I don't friend them until after they've graduated, to avoid crap like this - and to avoid seeing pics i DON'T want to be seeing.
    Posted by saisongbird[/QUOTE]

Well, I have all the other kids on a Limited Profile...guess I was bound to mess up eventually.  *sigh*

• I wouldn't be adding any students. When I was teaching at uni, I wouldn't add students- and I have one student on my list now who I was unsure about accepting the friend request for because I'd taught him a couple of years prior. Don't mix business and pleasure! ;P
    But seriously, don't add your students. And politefully decline their church attendance requests. 
  • Um...  Sucrets.  I think you have an imposter.  mlsr5264 posted in the brother getting engaged before OP's wedding thread, but she has all your stats.  Strange glitch.
    Holy Crap. We survived the first year!
    http://tidetravel.weebly.com/index.html
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Holy cow, 15 days, Tide? Every time I see your ticker, it shocks me. By the time I get used to how far along you are, Taryn will be here.

• Tide, do you feel like you're going to explode?
    my read shelf:
  • Haha...  yeah.  Anytime now. 
  • Have you managed to populate your nursery?
    my read shelf:
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_um-brooke?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:be2a8d4b-f0b9-488a-9937-7e1db8a03d1cPost:f79737da-26fd-4137-8cca-5da3a0847e0d">Re: um, brooke?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Um...  Sucrets.  I think you have an imposter.  mlsr5264 posted in the brother getting engaged before OP's wedding thread, but she has all your stats.  Strange glitch.
    Posted by tidetravel[/QUOTE]

I don't see that...I posted, starting with a congrats, lol.  But it shows up as my sn to me.

Weird!

• And yes, 15 days!  Holy crap, girl!  How are you feeling??

• TK has a glitch with sometimes putting the wrong poster details in the OP, Tide.
  • Oh, ok...  wierd.

Sprite - we're accumulating more stuff (TY craigslist!)  but have no where to put it yet.  We were planning on painting the house on Sun, but that didn't happen.  We had our washer/dryer delivered and it didn't fit (no one told me you needed 4 inches of clearance behind the unit), so it partially blocked the bathroom door.  We could only pull it out so far and twist it, so that I could barely fit through the gap.  Sun, my Stepdad came over and he and DH knocked down a wall and moved an electrical outlet, so that we could fit it in the room.  It was an unexpected project, and I was so upset Sat, that we didn't get anything done.  Oh well.  It'll get done eventually.

Sucrets - I'm good.  Have my weekly doctors appointments now.  It's just a matter of wait and see.  I've been having some strong braxton-hicks contractions today, so I guess things are progressing.  We also had our maternity pics done.  I should have them within the week, but I want them now!
  • I was going to ask about the contractions.  Glad that you got the mat pics done!  It was such a great deal and I'm sure you won't regret it in the future. 

Good luck with everything if we don't talk to you!

• Tide, you going to last until Saturday? I'm thinking of bringing cake balls as incentive!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards