Hawaii

Check List Roll Call

Good Tuesday Morning Ladies!

I'm trying to kick off Tuesday on a good note so I wanted to come and ask everyone how they are doing on their checklists.  Any big ones? How many left?  What are you most relieved to have checked off?

I'm still in the beginning stages, but I got the coordinator, venue, photographer, caterer and officiant all checked off.  Yay!  Time to take a breather and get back into the game later this summer.  How about you ladies?

Re: Check List Roll Call

• breanessbreaness member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm kind of at a lull right now. The only thing that I can do at the moment but I keep putting off is figuring out the menu and sending a list of 'must play' songs to the dueling piano players for the AHR.

Nothing else can be done at the moment. Which is fine. I appreciate the break :)

Our engagement pictures should be done and ready some time this week and I can't wait!

Those are all pretty big checks! Congrats :)
  • edited December 2011
    Lyn, that's an impressive list!  That's most of the big stuff anyway.  :)  The big one for us is that the AHR is done..now just the dreaded list of never-ending Thank You cards.  This week is also about contacting our photographer to see if he can give us some photos of me from our wedding with my eyes open Tongue out
  • motoLynmotoLyn member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    Hahaha Thanks Tanq, I some how feel that I'll get past the big hurdles its the little ones that are going to end up knocking me flat on my face. 

Ohhh thank you cards, that's quite the challenge hand writing each one of them, good luck!  If you get some awesome pictures from you phototog, share some with us!!
  • kimmykupcakeskimmykupcakes member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011

Great checks, Lyn!

We have a ton done already.  Now I am waiting to get proofs back on all of the paper items. We did get it for the engagement party invitation and that was pretty exciting. I'll be so happy when all the paper is done. Everything else is waiting for that to move forward.

• edited December 2011
    Our most recent check is just buying the fabric to decorate the bamboo arch. We're working on music (we can't seem to agree on live musician vs ipod for the ceremony). I want the cheaper option (ipod). I am also figuring out the AHR date & location right now and playing with vistaprint layouts for our AHR invite and OOT bag brochures. I wish I had more time in the day, school and work are getting in the way!
  • motoLynmotoLyn member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    i can't wait to see your e-party invites Kimmy. 

Sparkle, I'm still a long way out but I did think about what music will be like.  Don't get me started about how much time I spend at vistaprint. I think I spend way too much time playing with the fonts and layouts on there.  LoL!  Oh what kind of fabric did you buy for your arch?  Are you going to have flowers on the arch as well?
  • edited December 2011
    You know, we used our DJ for the ceremony music -- it was canned music, but at least it was manned so he could fade it out if we walked too fast or switch more seamlessly, etc.  The cost was less than hiring live musicians, and only marginally more than what we were already paying him to cover.
  • AKWinterBrideAKWinterBride member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    If I had a checklist, it would probably make things a lot easier!  :) 

Over the weekend I got my ring bearers outfit, confirmed that my flower girls fits in the dress I bought over a year ago, and got some little treats to put in the wedding party's gift bags.  Still have a LOT more to buy!
    Photobucket Photobucket Anniversary
  • cryssvcryssv member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

I have this constant feeling that I've forgotten something - according to my checklists all I really have is the confirmation calls for all of our vendors/final invoices for getting payments all ready, pick up the dress, have my pampering apt's (all are already scheduled - cut/color, nails, pedi, facial) get the rings cleaned... mostly just waiting on the RSVP's to come in so I can get going on the seating plan/final #'s to the caterer to try and get a good head start before we leave to lighten the load for our return and full force move into the AHR.

451x156 proportions
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.weddings.com/Sites/Weddings/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_hawaii_check-list-roll-call?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:73Discussion:81f69c02-8d05-4301-a8da-d554241244cePost:50566e6b-405c-4ab0-9ebb-6a8176149da6">Re: Check List Roll Call</a>:
    [QUOTE]i can't wait to see your e-party invites Kimmy.  Sparkle, I'm still a long way out but I did think about what music will be like.  Don't get me started about how much time I spend at vistaprint. I think I spend way too much time playing with the fonts and layouts on there.  LoL!  Oh what kind of fabric did you buy for your arch?  Are you going to have flowers on the arch as well?
    Posted by motoLyn[/QUOTE]
    We have come to a decision & we are going to rent a little speaker system and hook up our ipod, there's already a speaker system inside that we were going to use for dancing, but now we'll be able to have music outside where people will be eating & as they get seated. The fabric ended up being cheaper to buy a "scarf" curtain fabric from jcpenney as opposed to buying yards of it at the fabric store. It's a sheer ivory color, I'm so thankful my FMIL is going to handle decorating the arch. I'd love to add fresh flowers but we'll see (we're just buying flowers from costco when we get there)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards