Not Engaged Yet

I Confess...

to shake things up today.

I confess I had ramen noodles for dinner last night and for a snack some fudge and a lot of wine. I didn't work out or do anything but sit on the couch and read.  I also watched a bit of Casablanca.  I must work out today and do something.

Now it's your turn...

Anniversary

Re: I Confess...

• I confess that I really just want to munch on junk food right now but my latest numbers from boot camp are helping me say no.

I confess that I am super excited the Pumpkin Spice Latte from Starbucks comes back on Tuesday and I will make sure I get one.

• I confess that my house is an absolute disaster area due to discovering pinterest last Sunday night and deciding to paint all of my bedroom furniture.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • :)

...that I think I am in a bit of a depression phase right now. Nothing scary. Just like a bit too sad in general.

...that I enjoy looking back at the past a lot.

...that I'm excited for Asian food with Peek!

...that I want work friends.

• I confess that I had FOUR Trader Joe's bon bons yesterday.  And have a wedding dress to wear in under a month.  No excuses - it's crunch time!! 
  • I confess that I ate way too much yesterday and felt gross, which is why I rebuffed BF's advances last night. I also confess that I'm hoping it's kinda cool out on Saturday when we go upstate to his friend's party, because I don't want to have to wear a bathing suit and get into the pool. Don't get me wrong, I like swimming, but if I'm going to be at a party all day with a bunch of people I don't know too well, I'd rather stay in my outfit and keep my hair and make-up looking good. So be it.

I confess that I hope that at least two other people on my team don't sell anything else this month so that I'm not too far behind them, and so I can maybe even catch up. How did I have such a killer month last month, and such a craptastic one this month???
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_i-confess-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:136Discussion:9fd472d7-f4f3-4e2e-9989-78c37c2b64e6Post:90cc5da6-bccf-4692-acaa-3e9f7d1b542d">Re: I Confess...</a>:
    [QUOTE]:) ...that I think I am in a bit of a depression phase right now. Nothing scary. Just like a bit too sad in general. ...<strong>that I enjoy looking back at the past a lot</strong>. ...that I'm excited for Asian food with Peek! ...that I want work friends.
    Posted by jenjenniferf[/QUOTE]
    I tend to do this quite a bit as well.  Sometimes too much, I forget to enjoy the now.

Since coming back from the mini vacation I've been in a bit of a funk. I know why and I'm just trying to get over it, lol. Thank goodness we leave for Vegas two weeks from today.

Anniversary

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_i-confess-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:9fd472d7-f4f3-4e2e-9989-78c37c2b64e6Post:90cc5da6-bccf-4692-acaa-3e9f7d1b542d">Re: I Confess...</a>:
    [QUOTE]:) ...that I think I am in a bit of a depression phase right now. Nothing scary. Just like a bit too sad in general. ...that I enjoy looking back at the past a lot. ...that I'm excited for Asian food with Peek! ...that I want work friends.

<div>Sorry you're feeling kinda sad lately. Try to get outside more than usual if there's nice weather - it doesn't fix everything, but it usually makes a difference in my mood.</div><div>
    </div><div>I'm the opposite - I don't look back at the past, but I <strong>definitely </strong>look forward to the future a little too much. Daydreaming every now and then is nice, but maybe we all need to remember to enjoy the here and now.</div>
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I confess I wasn't a very good FI this week when Chad said he was sick. I've been assuming he was just being a bit of a baby. Turns out he has Bronchitis. Poor guy!

I confess I don't really feel up to visiting all of FI's extended family in SD this weekend. An 8 hour drive each way with my FMIL, 101 degree temps and the idea of sleeping on an air mattress for 3 nights in a row does not sound appealing right now. I know i'm being a whiner...but I really don't want to go. *foot stomp*
  • I confess that I might go off on the church that we're getting married in in 16 days. Why do we need to be the guinea pigs since you just found yourself a wedding coordinator? And why is she calling me trying to schedule something 3 days from now? It's not like I don't have a MILLION things to do that have already been scheduled! I can't help it you mismanaged this.

I confess that I'm really worried I'm going to be a tense, worried b-witch on my wedding day. And my pictures will show it. :(

I confess I'm worried I am turning into a tense b-witch bridezilla. Surprised

I apologize this is all wedding related. UGH!
  • ...that I waited up till 1:30 in the morning so that D and I could have sexytimes.
    ...that I have not been following my eating plan the last 2 weeks, at all. And my waist line is proof.
    ...that I am jealous of Peek and Jen having Asian food...WITHOUT ME! Unacceptable, ladies!
    "Stuart was scared, but he loved Margalo, Mommy. And there is nothing bigger than love." -The Bean
     "His farts smell like Satan's asshole mixed with a skunk's vagina. But it's okay, because I love him." -CSousa

• I confess that I need a kick up the backside. I don't know what's with me this month. I'm struggling to study, exercise, eat right, and last night even watching TV seemed like hard work.

I confess that I had a niggle of jealousy last night when bf got me to hunt around facebook for a girl he was into in high school. And when he avoided a conversation about how he avoided a conversation I tried to start about high school. I don't know how I feel today.

I confess that I'm super happy my parents got my little sister a cell phone! Direct communication is so much better than through them or to her email that she rarely checks.

• fizzylemonadefizzylemonade member
    First Comment First Anniversary
    edited August 2012
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_i-confess-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:136Discussion:9fd472d7-f4f3-4e2e-9989-78c37c2b64e6Post:d1a980f5-f2e4-4fdc-90ae-8323291ebd3d">Re: I Confess...</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: I Confess... : Sorry you're feeling kinda sad lately.<strong> Try to get outside more than usual if there's nice weather</strong> - it doesn't fix everything, but it usually makes a difference in my mood. I'm the opposite - I don't look back at the past, but I definitely look forward to the future a little too much. Daydreaming every now and then is nice, but maybe we all need to remember to enjoy the here and now.
    Posted by Hummingbird125[/QUOTE]

I second this. Even a walk around the block at lunch might help a little. It does for me. I need to start bringing my sneakers to work again.
  • Hi Ladies,

I properly introduced myself last week with the requisite answers to questions that are posted for newbies. But since most probably haven't read them I'm 30, live in nyc area, have been with my boyfriend seriously for about a year and 3 months, but we have been loosely together (with me even having a live in boyfriend in between) for almost 5 years. I joined knot bc I am the maid of honor in my best friends wedding, and as of now I have no idea when I will be engaged, and no, I am not planning a wedding either (because I'm not engaged-duh!)

Anyway, I confess that for most of my life, i thought badly of marriage, (my parents are happily married mind you, i just thought it was too confinining etc) and i looked down on the types of girls who couldnt wait to get married and were pining for a ring from their boyfriend and who harassed him all the time about it etc.

I still kind of look down on girls who are obsessed with getting married and think its a goal in life and plan for it when they don't even have a bf and who are desperate (bc I did enjoy being single and think its fun!) BUT I now am one of those girls who cannot WAIT to be married to my SO. Im not desperate, I dont nag him, but I seriously cannot wait to be married to this man, whenever it may happen. I finally "get" what so many people have felt previously. I have never felt this way about any guy before, and Ive had a few long term SO's. I never wanted to be a "wife" before and now I really would be honored to be his. So, basically, I've had a change of heart, and it really is kind of a big deal for me, and anyone who knows me who hears me talk like this is shocked. I'm kind of embarrased by it, so not many people know that I feel strongly in this way now.

That's my dumb confession for the day. Also, you girls seem great btw.
  • I confess that I checked my phone every 10 minutes yesterday while at work to see if my prospective employer called about the job yet (I just interviewed on Tuesday.)

I confess that if I don't get the nonprofit job I interviewed for, there will be tears.  I'll pick myself up and move on, for sure, but first, tears.

I confess that I am tired of my weak will and low ambition about getting in shape, but I am not sure how to get the motivation I need.

I confess that I have yo-yoed between healthy and unhealthy weights twice since my daughter was born (she is 8 now) and it may have taken a toll (see above confession.)

I confess that I have not even started real wedding planning yet and I have already been joking A LOT about eloping.

I confess that ever since my FMIL put on her biiitchy britches and went to crazy town on me, I have been on edge whenever FI talks to his parents and it makes me feel like a bad FI.  He is still pissed about what happened, but neither of us know what to do to resolve the issue.

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_i-confess-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:9fd472d7-f4f3-4e2e-9989-78c37c2b64e6Post:367d9f6b-9742-4116-a5af-41defcc119f6">Re: I Confess...</a>:
    [QUOTE]...that I waited up till 1:30 in the morning so that D and I could have sexytimes. ...that I have not been following my eating plan the last 2 weeks, at all. And my waist line is proof. ...that I am jealous of Peek and Jen having Asian food...WITHOUT ME! Unacceptable, ladies!
    Posted by beanbot2002[/QUOTE]

Are you free Saturday evening??
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_i-confess-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:9fd472d7-f4f3-4e2e-9989-78c37c2b64e6Post:d1a980f5-f2e4-4fdc-90ae-8323291ebd3d">Re: I Confess...</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: I Confess... : Sorry you're feeling kinda sad lately. <strong>Try to get outside more than usual if there's nice weather - it doesn't fix everything, but it usually makes a difference in my mood.</strong> I'm the opposite - I don't look back at the past, but I definitely look forward to the future a little too much. Daydreaming every now and then is nice, but maybe we all need to remember to enjoy the here and now.
    Posted by Hummingbird125[/QUOTE]

That is a really good idea. I keep having urges to do stuff outside, like I've taken a couple of walks during the day. It can shrink panic attack symptoms.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_i-confess-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:9fd472d7-f4f3-4e2e-9989-78c37c2b64e6Post:b49f8e1a-32c0-4e12-9881-609b4bd39257">Re: I Confess...</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: I Confess... : I tend to do this quite a bit as well.  Sometimes too much, I forget to enjoy the now. Since coming back from the mini vacation I've been in a bit of a funk. I know why and I'm just trying to get over it, lol. Thank goodness we leave for Vegas two weeks from today.
    Posted by danser55[/QUOTE]

Vegas!!!! What for?
  • I confess that I'm nervous about going to see my therapist because I either don't have the issues I think I do and she's going to laugh at me, or that I have such serious issues that I can't be fixed.

I confess that the thought and feeling that I'm going to end up alone has been all-consuming lately.

I confess that I need to have relations. Badly. This whole being single thing isn't helping much.

I confess that my feelings on my job go from love to hatred every five minutes. I don't want to be here anymore (especially since they don't want me here) but then I think about the student-athletes I'll be working with in the winter & the spring, and I get really excited. I have job bipolar.

*******************************************************************************************

• I confess....
    ...I feel like I actually want to look nice now.  I have no idea why I have decided to be a girl but I want to be.
    ...I love jerky so much I could eat it all day every day no matter how many times it gives me a tummy ache.  Hi my name is raven and I am addicted to jerky. 
    ...I am really excited but nervous for moving today. 
    "Love is not affectionate feeling, but a steady wish for the loved person's ultimate good as far as it can be obtained"-C.S. Lewis

Married! May 27th, 2012

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_i-confess-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:136Discussion:9fd472d7-f4f3-4e2e-9989-78c37c2b64e6Post:a3b12d1b-aa10-4a7a-b332-1daa306f4612">Re: I Confess...</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: I Confess... : Vegas!!!! What for?

BF's sister is getting married.  I think with both of our sisters getting married so closely this is why we are still NEY, or so I hope.....

Anniversary

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_i-confess-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:9fd472d7-f4f3-4e2e-9989-78c37c2b64e6Post:a6c4d644-a7db-452c-af2f-5adc2e3ff83b">Re: I Confess...</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: I Confess... : BF's sister is getting married.  I think with both of our sisters getting married so closely this is why we are still NEY, or so I hope.....
    Posted by danser55[/QUOTE]

Ahhh. Fingers crossed!
  • I confess that I am looking forward to eating my lunchables.... oh the horror
  • ...that I also love the show "Whitney". So freaking much. They touch on so many funny-cause-its-true points, I can't stop laughing to myself thinking of the episodes.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_i-confess-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:9fd472d7-f4f3-4e2e-9989-78c37c2b64e6Post:7dc3594f-adeb-49fd-9fbc-2e2fe10039d2">Re: I Confess...</a>:
    [QUOTE]I confess that I'm not motivated to do work today. I confess that I wasn't good AT ALL about food or exercise this week and I will likely choose to be in denial this week and not step on the scale. I confess that I'm actually upset that the IKEA order that was supposed to come at work today now isn't getting delivered until between 3-7 (supposedly...fingers crossed it will be earlier) because I reallyreallyreally want my new bookshelf that Peek found for me. I can't wait to get my office organized and I've been waiting for this thing for weeks. I confess that I don't know how much longer I can handle being in my relationship without any forward-moving progress in any area. <strong>I confess I met a dog last night that I want to adopt SO BAD but Mo won't let me and I actually cried about it.</strong>
    Posted by LivLeighton[/QUOTE]

:( I've seen you mention things like this before and it makes me sad. It seems like you have such a huge passion for animals and I don't know how you can be in a relationship with someone who doesn't share that passion.

I confess that I'm getting really impatient waiting for BF to propose. I was pretty sure he was going to do it this summer but last weekend he told me that he was waiting until fall.

I also confess that I'm really excited for the Starbucks Pumpkin Spice Latte and I had no idea it was coming so soon! I thought it didn't come out till the end of September.

• msuprincess04msuprincess04 member
    5 Love Its First Answer Name Dropper First Comment
    edited August 2012
    I confess I need to break it to my parents and FI's this weekend that after only being engaged two weeks, I'm so over wedding planning. This is a nightmare. I already don't handle stress well and the stress of just trying to find a local venue in our budget but still give us the supposed "vision" is impossible. So, we are eloping in Cozumel. Though, not really eloping because all the same people are invited. Hired a planner gave her my colors and menu preferences, and all we need to do is show up with a tux and dress. That makes me happy.

I also confess that though training for a half ironman in 6 weeks, I haven't been on my bike in three. This can't be a good way to train.
    "There is always some madness in love. But there is also always some reason in madness." -Friedrich Nietzsche, "On Reading and Writing"
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_i-confess-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:9fd472d7-f4f3-4e2e-9989-78c37c2b64e6Post:b53c7b13-250a-447d-98a8-e6a17797d376">Re: I Confess...</a>:
    [QUOTE]I confess I need to break it to my parents and FI's this weekend that after only being engaged two weeks, I'm so over wedding planning. This is a nightmare. I already don't handle stress well and the stress of just trying to find a local venue in our budget but still give us the supposed "vision" is impossible.<strong> So, we are eloping in Cozumel. Though, not really eloping because all the same people are invited. Hired a planner gave her my colors and menu preferences, and all we need to do is show up with a tux and dress.</strong> That makes me happy. I also confess that though training for a half ironman in 6 weeks, I haven't been on my bike in three. This can't be a good way to train.
    Posted by msuprincess04[/QUOTE]

<div>Woohoo - that sounds awesome. I think that's something to celebrate :-)</div>
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_i-confess-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:136Discussion:9fd472d7-f4f3-4e2e-9989-78c37c2b64e6Post:7157a211-d6f9-42ff-96b8-678eebd7a04a">Re: I Confess...</a>:
    [QUOTE]I confess that I'm nervous about going to see my therapist because I either don't have the issues I think I do and she's going to laugh at me, or that I have such serious issues that I can't be fixed. I confess that the thought and feeling that I'm going to end up alone has been all-consuming lately. I confess that I need to have relations. Badly. This whole being single thing isn't helping much. I confess that my feelings on my job go from love to hatred every five minutes. I don't want to be here anymore (especially since they don't want me here) but then I think about the student-athletes I'll be working with in the winter & the spring, and I get really excited. I have job bipolar.
    Posted by BriSox81[/QUOTE]

YGPM
  • I confess that I have no desire to continue school for another 3 effing years. Even though I will have three degrees by the end of it. I'm over it and frustrated.

I confess I'm super giggly excited to be going to Philly this weekend and buying my brother's car. Even though it seems like a silly purchase to have in MI, I pink puffy heart love the car, and that it's a family car. (It was my cousins, new, and he died from leukemia 6 months later, my aunt couldn't stand to look at it - so my brother bought it)

I confess that I feel like a bad FI because I haven't been in the mood for sexytimes lately. I've just had so much going on - all i want to do is sleep.

I confess that after seeing a ex-friend's wedding pictures last night - part of me wants my wedding to blow their wedding out of the water. It's petty, stupid, and ridiculous, but those are the thoughts that ran through my head last night.

I confess while I'm back to being okay with my job - I think I deserve to be making more, and am worth more than what I'm being paid, but I have no effing clue how to broach this with my boss.

I confess I'm sick of FI not pitching in around the apartment. I know his life is crazy, and has been ridiculously hectic as well, but come the eff on. It's getting more than a little silly.

I confess that I'm sick of dealing with potential houses, mortgages, and money issues. Done. Done. Done. Just want something to work out.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_i-confess-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:136Discussion:9fd472d7-f4f3-4e2e-9989-78c37c2b64e6Post:2966ea1f-4cd6-4c4f-b78c-2bf48995201d">Re: I Confess...</a>:
    [QUOTE]I confess.... ...I feel like I actually want to look nice now.  I have no idea why I have decided to be a girl but I want to be. ...I love jerky so much I could eat it all day every day no matter how many times it gives me a tummy ache.  Hi my name is raven and I am addicted to jerky.  ...I am really excited but nervous for moving today. 
    Posted by ravenray[/QUOTE]

Are you back in the US again?  I have set up skype now... I think.

I'm also confess I was a bit bummed bf didn't propose on the mini vacation.  I had no real suspicion to believe he would though.  It's just one of my favorite places and childhood vacation spots, lots of good memories.  I'm now over it, and just focusing on Vegas coming up.

Anniversary

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_i-confess-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:9fd472d7-f4f3-4e2e-9989-78c37c2b64e6Post:b53c7b13-250a-447d-98a8-e6a17797d376">Re: I Confess...</a>:
    [QUOTE]I confess I need to break it to my parents and FI's this weekend that after only being engaged two weeks, I'm so over wedding planning. This is a nightmare. I already don't handle stress well and the stress of just trying to find a local venue in our budget but still give us the supposed "vision" is impossible. So,<strong> we are eloping in Cozumel. Though, not really eloping because all the same people are invited. Hired a planner gave her my colors and menu preferences, and all we need to do is show up with a tux and dress.</strong> That makes me happy. I also confess that though training for a half ironman in 6 weeks, I haven't been on my bike in three. This can't be a good way to train.
    Posted by msuprincess04[/QUOTE]

That sounds awesome!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards