Wedding Vows & Ceremony Discussions

Snack before ceremony?

So we are having a beach wedding ceremony starting at 5:30. We live right in front the ceremony site and no guest lives or will be staying more than 30 minutes away.

My question is...are snacks like maybe just cookies (a cookie table is a big Pittsburgh thing and I'm originally from there so thought of semi incorporating it) sound good to anyone?

Food (heavy appetizers, a variety of them and full meal replacement size) will be served at 7. 6pm starts the cocktail hour at our venue which is 10 mins away from the ceremony site. Thought of having lemonade, ice tea, and ice water too since its so hot outside in Guam while they wait for the ceremony to start. Opinions?

Re: Snack before ceremony?

• Sounds good to me!
    What did you think would happen if you walked up to a group of internet strangers and told them to get shoehorned by their lady doc?~StageManager14
  • I think it sounds very nice.
  • A light snack seems appropriate to me! Especially at a beack wedding... more laid back anyways :)
  • kimberlyr22kimberlyr22 member
    First Comment
    edited February 2013
    We did a welcome sweets table for our 5pm wedding.  Cookies, brownies, chocolate dipped treats, sparkling punch, etc.  It gave all the early arrivers something to do prior to the ceremony and also upped the mingling.  The guests loved it.  Then we restocked it and moved it into the reception room.
    photo KimberlyWedding_zps9ece9155.jpg
  • I think that is very nice way to welcome guests & very thoughtful to provide the beverages since it will be a hot. I'm sure your guests will appreciate it very much.

• gypsylynn2005gypsylynn2005 member
    First Comment
    edited February 2013
    hmmm not sure if this is going to post twice but it's not showing my post so I will re-write it.

Thanks ladies very much for the feedback! I'm glad you guys think cookies are ok, I wasn't sure with the 'dessert before dinner' kinda thing lol. Thanks for letting me know about how you guys did it too Kimberly, good to know guests were happy! It's def on my list to do now! 

I'm searching for the glass pretty pitchers to use, can't seem to find them yet! :( I love the pics of the sliced lemons on water in those, so pretty. 

UPDATE: Found a bunch on Amazon!! :) 
  • I would do:
    fruit keboobs (skewers of melon, kiwi, grapes, orange slices) on bamboo, with napkins with your wedding color/s date, name/s logo,
    sugar cookies frosted in your wedding color/s,
    lemonade with lemon slices - in an apothecary jar,
    basil-cucumber water with basil embedded ice cubes - in an apothecary jar
    and
    raspberry ice tea with mint and raspberry embedded ice cubes - in an apothecary jar

I would use paper plates and cups and post a sign about recycling, to keep guests tidy....unless your caterer does have the staff and you have the budget to deal with all the extra dishes and clean-up and rental of dishes and staff and so on and so on... :)
    Good luck
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_ceremony-ideas_snack-before-ceremony?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:10Discussion:3a212c1d-0386-4fa2-8b13-4db2f20fa39bPost:8a6c81b4-dd01-4a9a-9df5-296e08bc62cb">Re: Snack before ceremony?</a>:
    [QUOTE]I would do: fruit keboobs (skewers of melon, kiwi, grapes, orange slices) on bamboo, with napkins with your wedding color/s date, name/s logo, sugar cookies frosted in your wedding color/s, lemonade with lemon slices - in an apothecary jar, basil-cucumber water with basil embedded ice cubes - in an apothecary jar and raspberry ice tea with mint and raspberry embedded ice cubes - in an apothecary jar I would use paper plates and cups and post a sign about recycling, to keep guests tidy....unless your caterer does have the staff and you have the budget to deal with all the extra dishes and clean-up and rental of dishes and staff and so on and so on... :) Good luck
    Posted by Ella and Pedro[/QUOTE]

Oh I love the infused ice cubes idea! We don't really have room for all of that, but cute ideas. It's on the beach and no caterer for that part, only at the reception area which we will be trolleying (I know not a word but I dunno what to write for putting people on a trolley and sending them 5 minutes up the road! Lol) to. They will be well fed at the reception so I think the cookies will suffice until then with some cute drinks! :)

I like the recycle sign idea too, def going to do that!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards