Illinois-Chicago

Do you use Yelp for vendor reviews?

I have been lurking for several days/weeks and I wonder if many of you use Yelp to get reviews on vendors?

I love getting vendor rec's here but ultimately think I would love to see a review site with them all combined into one since it seems the same people post over and over.
What review sites do you use, if any? Is Yelp the only one?

Thank you!

Re: Do you use Yelp for vendor reviews?

• Bimbi284Bimbi284 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Usually if you google a particular business, you should also get results that include reviews about them. Yelp is a big one, but so is like city search and google. Obviously, the larger the company, the more results you'll probably get. You could also search other wedding sites like Wedding Bee and Wedding Channel which may also include some reviews.
  • edited December 2011
    I sort of knew some of the vendors I was going to hire but went to Yelp for more information and to check again.
  • Jami86eJami86e member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    we actually found our videographer on yelp. were in not for that i have no idea who we'd be choosing, because we wouldn't have found them elsewhere. i mostly go by theknot or word of mouth for everything else
    Visit Jewish.weddings.com Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Jami86eJami86e member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    i also look up vendors on wedding wire but only after i've seen them on another site. weddingwire has way too many vendors listed to find one that way
    Visit Jewish.weddings.com Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • IzzyBarIzzyBar member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I am not using yelp much in my wedding research because they seem more about reviewing everyday uses like restaurants, bars, home repairs and anything else. I like wedding wire better, it's more specific to weddings in the area.
  • ladybug7485ladybug7485 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I use Yelp a lot. I found our photographer on Yelp, most of the other vendors I found through the boards but I've usually double checked the reviews on Yelp before booking them. Looking at wedding photographers on Yelp is a really good way to get must take picture ideas too since it's easy to access and see photog's websites and style.
  • MrsPapsMrsPaps member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Ditto what other people said. When researching vendors, I check Yelp before booking to see what others have said since there may be reviews from other events besides weddings. Wedding Wire is a good resource but can be overwhelming since there are soooooo many vendors on there!
  • edited December 2011
    I have to agree. I think Yelp has the most reviews and is a great place to double check vendors and see what others say about them.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards