Attire & Accessories Forum

Ivory and Yellow

I 'm having an outdoor garden wedding and want my bridesmaid dresses to be a pale yellow.  But I didn't think about it until after I bought my ivory dress, that yellow might clash a little bit.  I think a white dress would have looked good with yellow, but now I'm thinking I should change the color.  Any thoughts?

Re: Ivory and Yellow

• How ivory are we talking here? A lot of ivories look white enough that you don't even know it's not white until you put it next to something that is stark, pure white. In other words, I think it'll be fine. Are you ordering everything from the same store? If so, does the store have a fabric swatch for the bm dresses that you could put next to your dress to see if you like the colors together? I think if it's pale yellow and not a sunshine yellow it'll be fine.
  • Pale yellow might be a little too close to the ivory, but if the shade is dark enough, you should be fine.  Alternately, you could have your girls in another of your colors and they can have pale yellow flowers and accessories.

The best thing is probably to see if one of your bridesmaids or friends will go with you to the bridal shop.  Then you try on your gown (or another gown by the same designer in ivory) and your friend can try on dresses in various colors until you find something you like.
    This is a neglected planning bio.
    This is a belated married bio, with no reviews yet because I'm lazy.

Sometimes I feel like people think that brides are delicate little flower princesses who get all dressed up and pretty for one special moment of their dreams, when really they're just normal people who just happen to be getting married. Things shouldn't have to be sugar-coated for grown-ass women. -mstar284
  • cschuma2cschuma2 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited May 2010
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_attire-accessories_ivory-yellow?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:15Discussion:509d8f81-b0c4-440a-b1a4-a784df824d75Post:1d99ac55-09c3-4876-9a6d-f487887d6c72">Re: Ivory and Yellow</a>:
    [QUOTE]Pale yellow might be a little too close to the ivory, but if the shade is dark enough, you should be fine.<strong>  Alternately, you could have your girls in another of your colors and they can have pale yellow flowers and accessories</strong>. The best thing is probably to see if one of your bridesmaids or friends will go with you to the bridal shop.  Then you try on your gown (or another gown by the same designer in ivory) and your friend can try on dresses in various colors until you find something you like.
    Posted by aerinpegadrak[/QUOTE]

I'm a fan of this.  A yellow sash on a darker color dress may look very nice.
    imageDaisypath Anniversary tickers
  • i agree with the standing next to the bridesmaid in a dress while wearing your dress idea.....i had my bridesmaid (i brought one to go dress shopping with me and my mom) stand in the BM dress next to me in my dress to see if the styles looked good together....its the best way to tell...could you post a picture of what yellow you are considering?
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards