Texas-Dallas and Ft. Worth

Multiple checks this week!

It's been a very productive week! We now have a photographer, dj, lighting, coordinator, and a caterer! :) We're so excited!

Unfortunately, I also have chicken pox. What a miserable joke. :(

Re: Multiple checks this week!

• dianaslikdianaslik member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

YAY for the checks!

BOO for chicken pox :(

• edited December 2011
    Congrats! sorry about the chicken pox! hopefully it'll go away soon
  • crash2729crash2729 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Chicken pox? Oh my that sounds terrible. I hope you get better soon.
  • edited December 2011
    Re: the checks -- how exciting!

Re: the chickenpox -- that's awful. I had it 2.5 years ago and it was pretty miserable. I also thought life was playing a terrible joke on me. I also had a crazy long bout with it (I was confined alone in my apartment for nine days!) and one of my wisdom teeth started coming in. So I had chickenpox and was teething at age 25. So weird.

Did they give you antibiotics/medicine for it? They did when I had it, said it would help speed up recovery. (In my case, it didn't, but I was an unusual case).

I also had some of my coworkers who had children ask if they could bring their kids over to me to catch it from me. (Most kids are immunized against it now, but they had opted out). It was so awkward, but I had to tell them no! I would've felt far too guilty if their children were some of the rare ones that had complications from it.
  • edited December 2011
    Congrats on everything for the wedding! What vendors are you using? I hope you get to feeling better!
  • juliebug1997juliebug1997 member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Several years ago, there were stories of chicken pox parties.  I apparently had a very mild case when I was two.  It's supposed to be worse when you're an adult.  Quick recovery to you and congratulations on all your checks!!!!
  • 1fwdarlin1fwdarlin member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_texas-dallas-ft-worth_multiple-checks-this-week?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:102Discussion:3058acb9-305c-42f2-a5e9-3bb7d2770a77Post:5220971f-90a7-49c4-b514-9de52a32236c">Re: Multiple checks this week!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Re: the checks -- how exciting! Re: the chickenpox -- that's awful. I had it 2.5 years ago and it was pretty miserable. I also thought life was playing a terrible joke on me. I also had a crazy long bout with it (I was confined alone in my apartment for nine days!) and one of my wisdom teeth started coming in. So I had chickenpox and was teething at age 25. So weird. Did they give you antibiotics/medicine for it? They did when I had it, said it would help speed up recovery. (In my case, it didn't, but I was an unusual case). I also had some of my coworkers who had children ask if they could bring their kids over to me to catch it from me. (Most kids are immunized against it now, but they had opted out). It was so awkward, but I had to tell them no! I would've felt far too guilty if their children were some of the rare ones that had complications from it.
    Posted by MarieSD[/QUOTE]

I agree... I'm 26 and this just sucks. I couldn't imagine adding the pain of wisdom teeth to this. I had chicken pox as a child- this is a flair up of shingles (chicken pox the second time around on just one side of your body because of nerve damage). It's miserable and so painful I can't do anything without it hurting. They say it can last up to five weeks and longer in some cases. They gave me pain  and antibiotic medicine for it.

I would have told them no also! I'm kind of worried because I don't know if everyone I've come into contact with this week (before I went to the doctor) has had the vaccine or chicken poc before... I hope I didn't give it to anyone!
  • 1fwdarlin1fwdarlin member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks everyone for the well wishes and congrats on the checks! :)

My vendors-

DJ/Lighting- JaBel Productions
    Photographer- McGowan Images
    Caterer- Zios (Italian- toasted ravioli, pepperoni bread, caesar and tossed salad, lasagna, and best chicken alfredo i've ever had)
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_texas-dallas-ft-worth_multiple-checks-this-week?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:102Discussion:3058acb9-305c-42f2-a5e9-3bb7d2770a77Post:50c38dd9-4a83-4902-bd09-121524b6e69d">Re: Multiple checks this week!</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Multiple checks this week! : I'm kind of worried because I don't know if everyone I've come into contact with this week (before I went to the doctor) has had the vaccine or chicken poc before... I hope I didn't give it to anyone!
    Posted by 1fwdarlin[/QUOTE]

I wouldn't worry about it ... I had the same fear but checked with all my coworkers, and none of them caught it from me or passed it along to their children. Besides, all their children had been vaccinated unless they'd purposely opted out.  The elderly and pregnant women are the most vulnerable ... and I'd been (briefly) around both the day I went to the doctor. The doctor told me I hadn't been around them enough to transmit anything. I don't remember why exactly ... but she told me not to worry (but to stay inside until I got better!)

I legitimately had the chickenpox for the second time ... apparently I'd had a really light case as a child. It can be worse as an adult, but thanks to the medicine they gave it, it wasn't awful for me. Shingles, though, I've heard is one of the most excruciating things EVER. I hope someone is around to take care of you! (I was in a new town and didn't know a soul besides my coworkers when I had the chickenpox ... the most boring week of my life!) You poor thing!

ETA: you also just made me reallllly hungry for Italian food.
  • edited December 2011
    Congrats on the checks, and hope you have a speedy recovery.

Where's a Zio's here? I love love love Zio's and always get it when I got to OKC cause I haven't seen one in the area.
    ~DFWs Resident Snark~
    I'm not so good with the advice... Can I interest you in a sarcastic comment?
  • edited December 2011
    Congratulations on your checks!

I had shingles too a couple of years ago and I agree it is very painful. I thought my clothes were on fire before I found out what it was. (Literally, I was standing up working and kept turning around to see if one of the guys I work with was playing a trick on me.) I got a cortisone shot and Valtrex to try to get it to clear up as soon as possible. It still took way too long.  I hope you get better soon.

Why does time speed up the closer I get to the wedding?
  • edited December 2011
    My doctor told me that it is only transferrable from skin to skin contact, so depending on where your outbreak is, it may not be very contagious at all. Mine was easy to cover with clothing so I didn't have to worry about it.
    Why does time speed up the closer I get to the wedding?
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards