Texas-Dallas and Ft. Worth

Dress help

I am looking for a dress in the $500-700 range.  Besides David's Bridal, where should I look?  I'm in Allen, so don't really want to go all the way to Fort Worth unless it is spectacular!

Re: Dress help

• dannag75dannag75 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Circle Park Bridal is awesome and has lots of dresses in your price range. Staff is super friendly too. They are located in Addison.Some are available to buy off the rack and they also have a line that you order. I cannot say enough great things about them. I would definitely check them out!

A Bridal Closet - in willow bend mall - only open on weekends has samples from Lulus & stardust and may have some in your range.

Alfred Angelo  is like DB - in Frisco

Terry Costa is on 635 and Preston.

Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket
  • edited December 2011
    I went to Terry Costa the other day. The lady told me they are having a lot of specials going on within the remainder of the year. Plus a few trunk shows where you can get dresses for a good buy! :)
  • edited December 2011

Lewisville Bridal Boutique has a good amount of dresses upstairs off the rack that are on sale, within that price range. But, they are sold as is, you can't order them in any other way than they are. The rest of their dresses downstairs are more pricey.

• cfibelkorncfibelkorn member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    You could try hitting the bridal shows this weekend in Dallas.....they usually have a few vendors (like circle park bridal) that have "trunk show" type dresses. I had already bought my dress but when I went last year I saw an amazing designer gown that was originally like $1500 for $500, I tried it on and loved it but could not justify buying another dress :) ....so they have pretty good deals (but they can be a bit pushy compared to going to a retail location)
  • edited December 2011
    I went to the Lewisville one and didn't even think of going upstairs!  Looked like all bridesmaid dresses up there and the rep didn't say anything about bridal being up there.  Darn!

The only problem with buying samples from a trunk show is size.  I wear a 20 in wedding gown.  :(

Thanks for all your help!  I am going to hit up Circle Park Bridal tomorrow!!
  • bsn1752bsn1752 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Anonymously Yours!!!  (it's a store)
  • edited December 2011
    Ditto Anonymously Yours if you don't mind a sample gown.   My Maggie sample was only $300.

Might want to pack your pepper spray though.  Not in a great part of town.
  • danielle16_17danielle16_17 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    lasting bridal coutour- in addison
  • edited December 2011
    I know it's a little far, but Elizabeth's bridal in Hurst is AMAZING! I went there based on reviews. I was nurvous and I was looking for two particular Maggie dresses. They didn't have them but she reccomended me to others. They have all sizes and all diff price ranges. The one I'm more and likely going with is 989 and other stores it's way over 1k. My second fav is one that I tried on (sz 20) which was between 600-700. It was stunning!
  • edited December 2011
    Depends on where you live I guess. I heard that Bridal Co. in Denton is good. I'll be checking out LuLu's, Terry Costa, Circle Park Bridal, A Bridal Closet and DB.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    I went to Park Circle today and was really disapointed in their selection of plus sized dresses.  They had beautiful dresses in the other sizes, but nothing much over a 12.
  • edited December 2011
    Manello - were you, by chance, in the store just before noon today, with your FI, and did you ask another girl there to try on the dress she had on?

If so, hi! That was me. I ended up buying that dress. It was fun to have someone else like it too, I was wondering if you ended up buying it!
  • edited December 2011
    Hi Marie!  Yes, that was me!!  I loved that dress.  I am just not sure what it would like like on me when it is actually my size.  Do you by chance know what style number it is?  I would like to send a picture of it to my MOH in California.  I searched the Mori Lee website but didn't find the exact dress on thier site.
  • edited December 2011
    Yep, I know which one it is - #2105. There are a couple of dresses with numbers close to it with a similar "swooping" design at the waist, but different necklines and skirts, in case that was your favorite part. I just liked all of it. Here's a link to it.

It's funny, because I'd called around to see who had that dress before I shopped (about a month ago), and Circle Park Bridal told me the only sample they had of that dress was in a size 18. Yet I'm pretty sure the one they had me in was a 10 or so. I know what you mean about not knowing if you like it until you try it on in your size ... I'd already tried it on once somewhere else, but in a much smaller size, and it was so tight I couldn't breathe, let alone decide if I liked it!

If you want to track down that dress:

Bridal Dreams in Fort Worth and Denton Bridal Co don't have a sample of it. Lewisville Bridal Boutique has it in a size 6.

Bridal Designs in Southlake has a sample of it, but I forgot to ask in what size. Here are a couple stores that I know carry Mori Lee, but I didn't call to see if they have #2105: Emma's Bridal Boutique in Red Oak, and Lulu's, Mockingbird Lane Boutique, and Terry Costa in Dallas.
  • edited December 2011
    Thank you SOOO much!!!!
  • edited December 2011
    I believe Bridal Co. in Denton carries Mori Lee too.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards