Wedding Woes

Re: DELETE

• Whoa.  This can't be real.  It is just a day and just a party.  

Separate the issues:  if you're not happy with your job, do you want to find another one?  Do you want to move closer to your FI and get a job there?  If you work from home, what is going to have to happen to set up that business?

These are some really big life changing decisions and really have nothing to do with your wedding.  Plan the wedding once your have your life planned.
  • 6fsn6fsn member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker

If you and the fiance are 2 hrs apart now, what is the plan after the wedding?

As for suggestions for now- work and pay for your honeymoon.  Somehow people manage to plan a wedding and work every day. 

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_wedding-woes_should-i-quit-my-job-while-trying-to-plan-my-wedding?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:47Discussion:6957473d-e99d-4d9e-a43b-5b77d0ce8edbPost:fbe5cb38-af6a-4b13-9434-805593f19737">Re: Should I quit my job while trying to plan my wedding?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Well there's a lot of planning involved in a wedding it's not just a party you can throw together at the last minute it's very time consuming and I feel it's a very important day. There's a huge list of things that need to get done each month so I feel it's very stressful trying to work and plan. I'm just curious how other brides might feel about this and how they manage to make it work. <strong>I'm not a career driven kind of woman </strong>my two biggest dreams are to get married and have children so I'd like to stay at home and do domestic stuff instead of working but as for now I need the extra money. So if you have any suggestion on what you think is a good idea let me know. Thank you.
    Posted by xomakeupxo[/QUOTE]

well, that's obvious.

you should just quit now and open up a job for someone who wants it.
  • What V means is, in the grand scheme of things, your wedding really is just a party on one day.

What are the priorities right now?  Can you make it without your entire income?

I understand you want your FI and mom to help you, but can you really not get anything done in the 5 days you don't work per week?  Don't you have any other family or friends who are near you that you can ask (nicely) for help?

What is it that needs to get done right now?  Are you doing a lot of DIY stuff?

Why can't your FI and mom work on stuff without you on the weekends?

• WzzWzz member
    if you want to quit your job, then quit. but it's your problem when you are bored once the wedding is over and there's nothing left to do.

wedding planning shouldn't be a fuill time job if all you are doing is planning ONE wedding. but hey, i don't need you to pay my bills so what do i care if you have an income or not.
  • It wasn't that time-consuming to plan a wedding.  What in the hell are you doing that it's such a hassle?
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_wedding-woes_should-i-quit-my-job-while-trying-to-plan-my-wedding?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:47Discussion:6957473d-e99d-4d9e-a43b-5b77d0ce8edbPost:7f754faf-64bd-4e90-994d-3225a900315d">Should I quit my job while trying to plan my wedding?</a>:
    [QUOTE]I'm working as an esthetician/make up artist and my wedding is less then 11 months away and I'm already stressing out really bad I have to work weekends which is when my fiancé and mom are free to help me so it's been impossible to do anything for the wedding . My vendor and fiancé are both 2 hours away so I have to make a day of it. I also haven't been particularly happy with my job for the past 6 months and luckily I have the option to work from home if I did quit. The only reason I have stayed is because I'm paying for the honeymoon which is not cheap. How close to the wedding do you think it would it be a good idea to quit or take a leave of absence?
    Posted by xomakeupxo[/QUOTE]<div>
    </div><div>JIC.</div><div>
    </div><div>No one one this board is going to validate your idea of quitting your job or asking for a leave of absence to plan your wedding.  So, if that's what you want, you should probably look elsewhere.  There are literally hundreds of people in the nation who work and plan weddings.  It is not a full time job.</div><div>
    </div><div>Again, you need to examine your job issue separate from this wedding issue.  If you're unhappy at your current position are you going to stay, leave?  Do you need another job lined up first?  You say you can work from home, how, what, when and where is that going to be set up?</div><div>
    </div><div>If you just want to quit and stay-at-home, you probably need to discuss that with FI and see what his thoughts/opinions are about making such a gig work as well.

</div>
  • WzzWzz member
    edited August 2012
    yes, i agree that it was stupid to think someone could relate to this mess. good luck and keep us posted.
  • I think you'll find that not many people can relate to feeling like you need to quit your job in order to plan a party.

If you'd have asked if anyone could relate to hating their jobs and wanting to quit and do nothing, though, I'm sure tons of people would have nodded sympathetically and traded Office Space quotes with you.
  • thejucheideathejucheidea member
    First Anniversary First Answer 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    edited August 2012
    What is this I don't even.

Also reading your run-on sentences makes me run out of breath. Punctuation is your friend.

ETA: And you and your fiance look like you're about 16.

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_wedding-woes_should-i-quit-my-job-while-trying-to-plan-my-wedding?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:47Discussion:6957473d-e99d-4d9e-a43b-5b77d0ce8edbPost:7480f41f-cab1-4322-af68-7e3a10af8c3c">Re: Should I quit my job while trying to plan my wedding?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Wow I can't get over how rude people can be its really sad thanks for tearing me appart as a person I was stupid to think people might actually be able to relate to what I'm going through or at least have some kind of compassion. But advice is advice even if most of it was harsh and uncalled for.
    Posted by xomakeupxo[/QUOTE]

<div>Giving you sane advice re: your job and your wedding is not tearing you apart.  Just b/c you don't LIKE it, doesn't negate it.  </div>
  • In Response to Re:Should I quit my job while trying to plan my wedding?:[QUOTE]Wow I can't get over how rude people can be its really sad thanks for tearing me appart as a person I was stupid to think people might actually be able to relate to what I'm going through or at least have some kind of compassion. But advice is advice even if most of it was harsh and uncalled for. Posted by xomakeupxo[/QUOTE]

You know, if you hate your job and are just sticking with it to pay for your pricey honeymoon, then just own it and quit when you're done with it. Pretending like you'll come back when it kinda sounds like you'd rather not, is just yanking your employer's chain.
    imageAlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Somehow I worked full time, was in grad school part time and still managed to plan my wedding. But if you somehow can't handle all you have on your plate, go ahead and quit. because that will solve all your problems. next you should look into buying a house with a flooded basement.
  • edited September 2012
    As SOON as we were pre-engaged I stopped working.  There is SO much to do.  I'm sorry these other ladies don't understand.  I had to spend several months designing my engagement room.  Then there was several scouting trips to pick the perfect destination for our nuptials.  And I had to cultivate new relationships because NONE of my friends were just right for my bridal party pictures, you know what I mean?  Plus losng five pounds and toning up.  It was practically a full time job.  49 months flew by until the wedding.  I wouldn't change a minute.  It's YOUR day.
    TTC since 07/11 Me: 32 AO PCOS/DH: 32 Lowish count/motility IUI#1-3 = BFN (Clomid, Clomid-->Femara, Injects) IVF#1 ER on 9/24 19 ER/19 M/9 F w/ICSI Transferred a 5AA and a 5BB on 9/29 Beta 10/9 = 139 Beta 10/11 = 287
    imageimageAlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

My Blog

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_wedding-woes_should-i-quit-my-job-while-trying-to-plan-my-wedding?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:47Discussion:6957473d-e99d-4d9e-a43b-5b77d0ce8edbPost:10fd0247-6c48-431a-9332-4fca54dbf055">Re: Should I quit my job while trying to plan my wedding?</a>:
    [QUOTE]As SOON as we were pre-engaged I stopped working.  There is SO much to do.  I'm sorry these other ladies don't understand.  I had to spend several months designing my engagement room.  Then there was several scouting trips to pick the perfect destination for our nuptials.  And I had to cultivate new relationships because NONE of my friends were just right for my bridal party pictures, you know what I mean?  Plus losng five pounds and toning up.  It was practically a full time job.  49 months flew by until the wedding.  I wouldn't change a minute.  It's YOUR day.
    Posted by notquiteblushing[/QUOTE]

I'm pretty new here and mostly just lurk on this board but this response has made my night!

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • If I can plan a wedding in 7 months while working 3 months of tax season (80 hour weeks), you can do it, too. Delegate and prioritize. Seriously, those two words will help you so much.
  • I just don't understand why they delete the post after their post has been quoted. I just... why?

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards