Moms and Maids

Anniversary

I'm a day late because I've been away, But I wanted to say Happy Anniversary to me  Laughing

Thirty-one years ago, I married the best man ever.  He is funny, kind, supports our family, can fix things, and puts up with the craziness that is me.  I can't imagine the last 31 years without him in it.

We got married on June 14, 1980 in a horrible heat wave.  It was 90 degrees at 7pm in an unairconditioned church.  You can see below why that was a problem. 

We had no centerpieces, table numbers, monograms, or assigned seating.  I had silk flowers and only maybe 150 pictures to choose from, all taken in the church.  We served heavy appetizers and had an open bar manned by my brother and his buddies.  The reception was supposed to end at midnight when we left, but my dad paid the guy under the table and the party went on til after 3.  I know many friends and family were hurting the next day!

So, as you plan, remember that those details will mean nothing 30 years from now.  What will matter is that you married your best friend while joyfully surrounded by the people that you love.

My baby girl is a married woman...and now my baby girl HAS a baby girl. Time unfolds in such an amazing way. I've been blessed!

Re: Anniversary

• vicki0508vicki0508 member
    5 Love Its Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    What a cute story! And I love the picture with it.  Congrats on 31 years!
  • edited December 2011
    Gasp!!!  You mean your marriage lasted despite everything that you described?!?!?!

Happy Anniversary to you and Mr. Muffin'sMom!!
    Proud to be an old married hag!! image
  • edited December 2011
    You married within two months of my parents. Sadly, their marriage dissolved after only six years.

Congratulations on the anniversary! I'm glad to hear you are still so happy together. You made a good choice, it seems, and your daughter is very, very blessed. 
  • edited December 2011
    Happy 31st anniversarey to Muffin's Parents and many, many more.

So tell us. Who were your bms? Did you fire or demote any of them? Did they wear matching shoes?

• edited December 2011
    Good Quetion Poppy. 

Did you boot any of them to the curb for not throwing you a shower? Require them to have matching hair and manicures? 
    Proud to be an old married hag!! image
  • edited December 2011
    I have to admit that I put on my own makeup, did my own hair, and never even had a mani/pedi until I was like 35 years old!

My girls wore matching dresses that I picked out, and I truthfully do not remember what shoes they wore.  They were my sister, his youngest sister and my best friend.  We are all still friends today.  My best friend gave me a shower because my sister and his sister were 18 and still in high school.

The biggest drama was my mother...big surprise.  I wanted emerald green bridesmaids dresses.  My mother told me that if they wore dresses that bright that no one would look at me.  A couple of weeks later, she comes home with her dress for the wedding, and you can just guess what color it was.  Oh yeah!

I'll dig out some pictures and post them in a couple of days!
    My baby girl is a married woman...and now my baby girl HAS a baby girl. Time unfolds in such an amazing way. I've been blessed!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards