Missouri-St Louis

Different Ceremony & Reception Sites

I just got engaged and am in the early part of the planning process.  Lumen is my top pick for a reception site, but I am trying to find a location for the ceremony.  I love Keiner Plaza, but if I'm looking into a Spring 2012 wedding, I don't want to stress about the weather if it's an outside wedding.  Any good ideas for ceremony sites that aren't ridculously $$$??  PLEASE!

Re: Different Ceremony & Reception Sites

• edited December 2011
    It really depends on your budget and guest list.
    We are using the Jewel Box for our ceremony which fits 250 and is $900 to rent, but the rental is only an hour and half, so if you think about it it's kind of expensive. The plus to the Jewel Box though is they set the chairs up for you before you enter, and there is minimal decorating needed since there is already so much greenery inside.
  • rachel9652rachel9652 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Like Sarah said above I don't know what your budget is but I am having my ceremony at the Piper Palm House in Tower Grove Park. It is $1000 for the afternoon ceremony time from 2-4pm and you get to come in an hour before to prepare. You also get the outside and inside ceremony space so you can plan an outdoor ceremony and move it inside if it rains. The chairs are included and they are set up for you there is also greenery like the Jewel Box. 
  • jlk0219jlk0219 member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Like the pp's said, not sure about your budget, but here are some ideas:

If you like Lumen, why not have the ceremony there? Most large venues can accommodate both.  Ask them about a separate space for the ceremony, or turning the room around during cocktail hour.

Indoor:
    9th Street Abbey
    Soulard Preservation Hall
    City Museum
    Moto Museum

Outdoor/mostly outdoor:
    Music Stand in Tower Grove Park
    World's Fair Pavilion (it has the area overlooking the fountains/waterfall that's similar to Kiener Plaza)
    Lemp Mansion
    (Also, something to consider- If it ends up raining you can move the ceremony to the reception venue on the day of)

• edited December 2011
    I had my ceremony and reception at the same place (9th Street Abbey), and the staff flipped the room during the cocktail hour.  I'm sure Lumen could do the same thing and has many times before.  And my guests LOVED having everything in one location (imagine having a glass of champagne or a cocktail in your hand five minutes after the ceremony was over.  This happy little bride loved it too.  And the cocktail hour allowed for the most meeting and greeting with guests.  I was able to be a proper hostess with a glass of champagne in my hand the entire time.  You can not beat that :)
    "The only true currency in this bankrupt world... is what you share with someone else when you're uncool." -Lester Banks, Almost Famous
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards