New York

Wedding Update Wednesday

Not too much done this week.... I'm still waiting on a few more addresses for the Save the Dates... but I've been catching up on my holiday decorating/shopping... so not too much time for wedding planning!  Probably won't be doing much until after the holidays.  While holiday shopping I did find a present that I'm waiting until the wedding to give my fiance.  :)  And something else I think I'll give for our next anniversary in April.

How about you guys?
My Attempted Wedding Blog - http://aroseywedding.blogspot.com/

Re: Wedding Update Wednesday

• edited December 2011
    Not too much going on here.

We passed the 9-month countdown mark last Thursday. All of the save the dates have been sent and we're getting amazing feedback on them! If anyone is looking for unique save the dates or wedding gifts, I highly reccomend Cloudless Sky Studios on Etsy.

I booked a makeup artist which is a relief. I was starting to stress about finding a quality, reasonably priced airbrush artist who was available for my wedding and would travel to Geneva.

We've narrowed our honeymoon down to three options: Paris and Barcelona, the Amalfi Coast and Capri in Italy or Croatia (sounds crazy but looks incredible).
  • kks4471kks4471 member
    5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment First Anniversary
    edited December 2011
    Chelsea, my roommate did a semester abroad in Croatia and absolutely loved it.  Beautiful coast line.

Finished my first (and only) DIY project.  I'm not crafty at all, but am pretty happy with myself for making these hangers.

ETA - TK is still messed up, putting posts out of order and negative times on the main page.
    Photobucket Anniversary
  • mek20mek20 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Booked our honeymoon :) We are going to the Riu Guanacaste in Costa Rica for 11 nights! We are very excited, especially because we got an awesome deal through priceline!

I am still waiting for 2 of my bridesmaids to get measured, and then those will be ordered (hopefully tomorrow or friday). And the rest of our STD's will be going out this weekend.

As for Christmas, I am pretty much done, and FI hasn't even started..typical! ;)

First comes Love (2.23.2006)
    Then comes Marriage (6.23.2012)
    Then comes Baby #1 (5.10.2013)
    And Baby #2 (EDD 6.15.2014)
    In the baby carriage! 
  • bitofritsbitofrits member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    kim -- great job on the hangers!

the honeymoon planning sounds fun!  we don't know that we're going to go on a honeymoon, or at least not right away...
    My Attempted Wedding Blog - http://aroseywedding.blogspot.com/
  • edited December 2011
    Sounds great, ladies!!

My 5th BM dress came in which was great! And my FI's wedding band came in. Haven't picked either up.

Otherwise, we HAVE to get the STD's out soon!! I can't wait on this any longer as we are about to hit the 6 month mark in a few weeks! EEK!
    image 131 invited image 120 are ready to party! image 11 will miss the festivities! Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • MCTD31MCTD31 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

Big day- FI's wedding band came in AND we booked our honeymoon today!

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    Good Job Ladies!

Chelsea, I've been to Capri and Croatia and both are AMAZING options!

I've actually accomplished a little bit this week! I booked a photographer, and a violinist who will be playing music at the church and during cocktail hour.

2 of my 5 BM dresses have come in.

Also picked out a ring for my FI, but haven't purchased yet.

And finished christmas shopping for my FI today too!

Happy Planning!

• I've done nothing wedding related! I did however, finish my last final of the semester last night so that is super exciting! One year from now I will have my MBA!!!!! It feels good to have an end in sight. Monday will be the 5 month mark for us I can't believe it, I really need to get my self in gear!!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards