May 2013 Weddings

Wedding Counseling

When are you ladies planning on starting your counseling, if you're going to do it.
May 2013 January Siggy: Cake.!
imageWedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Wedding Counseling

• We're going to do it, but I honestly have no idea when we're going to start.  A lot of it depends on whether or not my pastor can marry us, since we'd have to do it through him if he did.  There's a chance he can't marry us, so we'd have to find somewhere/someone else.  I feel like we'll probably start 6-3 months before the wedding though.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker PersonalMilestone
  • I have no idea....I have to find out.  Our Pastor requires counseling before he performs the marriage ceremony.

• We started right after we got engaged with a counselor specializing in couples therapy. It's amazing things you learn about each other even after being together so long.
  • We will probably start ours here in a few months...
    May 2013 January Siggy Challenge:The Cake!!!
    cake4
    Follow Me on Pinterest
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • We aren't doing counseling.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • We are trying to find a place to do counseling.  We have very opposite work schedules, so I haven't been able to find a therapist who will work with us when we're available.

May 2013 February Siggy: Invitations

Wedding Countdown Ticker

• We had one meeting with my pastor back in February and he requires 8 or so sessions, so I'm going to try to make an appointment to start them within the next month.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • We are doing ours in September
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • We're doing our counseling with two pastors.  The one is leaving the church to take a ministerial position in Georgia later this summer so we're going to be starting his portion of our counseling very soon...we're in the process of scheduling.
    May 2013 August Siggy Challenge
    hair Wedding Countdown Ticker Follow Me on Pinterest
  • we did ours already
    Daisypath Wedding tickers
  • SwazzleSwazzle member
    First Anniversary First Answer First Comment 5 Love Its
    In Response to Re:Wedding Counseling:[QUOTE]When are you ladies planning on starting your counseling, if you're going to do it. Posted by shano06[/QUOTE]

I'm sorry to be the asshole but this is a huge pet peeve: it's MARRIAGE counseling, not wedding counseling. The wedding is just a day.

• We already started ours as part of the requirements to get married in the catholic church.  We're actually really enjoying it so far.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited May 2012

I'm not for it, but since FI wants his childhood mentor to do out ceremony I will support it. I am waiting to hear from him however becasue the pastor now lives in TX and will be making a family trip up here for the wedding. Guess I should get on confirming that since I have other questions for him ;)

Edit: Sorry the siggy is so big- I am fixing it!

May 2013 Brides February Siggy photo invitessiggy_zpscfc27989.jpg Daisypath Wedding tickers LilySlim Weight loss tickers
  • SRRL18SRRL18 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    We aren't doing it. It's not required. And almost everything that would be covered( or what I imagine would be covered, we've been there done that).
    May 2013 October Siggy - The Honeymoon Walt Disney & Daytona Beach imageFollow Me on Pinterest
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_may-2013-weddings_wedding-counseling?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:ea657a87-d1dc-4588-999f-31c9deeef720Discussion:95a858d9-8630-42fc-9661-8c48cac59a1aPost:519baa4a-2665-418e-9dad-cef8bf2fa384">Re:Wedding Counseling</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re:Wedding Counseling: I'm sorry to be the asshole but this is a huge pet peeve: it's MARRIAGE counseling, not wedding counseling. The wedding is just a day.
    Posted by rdr716[/QUOTE]

Speaking as a family and marriage therapist, it's actually called PRE-MARITAL counseling, since nobody is actually married yet.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker image
  • christinad31christinad31 member
    First Comment
    edited May 2012

To answer your question shano06 , yes, we plan on receiving counseling and we are going in September Smile 

Wedding Countdown Ticker image
  • We have to do it if I want my Rabbi to marry us and I do he has known my family and I for 15 yrs. I had Fi and I meet him and discuss what would be recommended of us and by the end of the hr Fi asked if he would marry us once we complete our sessions!

It will consist of a 150 compatiability questionairre and 12 sessions going over it. We've done the questionairre and had session 1 last week. Turns out we are 89% compatiable after 9 yrs of being together I would hope we know some things of each other lol. It was interesting to see our scores and while taking the test I was surprised at how much stuff we had already discussed.

We have basically 11 more sessions to go and plan on finishing them this summer as he goes back to school in the Fall and I do not want to procrastinate and wait until the last minute. Session 2 is this Wednesday and I think were going to double it up with session 3!

• SRRL18SRRL18 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_may-2013-weddings_wedding-counseling?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:ea657a87-d1dc-4588-999f-31c9deeef720Discussion:95a858d9-8630-42fc-9661-8c48cac59a1aPost:e2119d22-9974-452a-a161-12a3d1e97f94">Re: Wedding Counseling</a>:
    [QUOTE]We have to do it if I want my Rabbi to marry us and I do he has known my family and I for 15 yrs. I had Fi and I meet him and discuss what would be recommended of us and by the end of the hr Fi asked if he would marry us once we complete our sessions! It will consist of a 150 compatiability questionairre and 12 sessions going over it. We've done the questionairre and had session 1 last week. Turns out we are 89% compatiable after 9 yrs of being together I would hope we know some things of each other lol. It was interesting to see our scores and while taking the test I was surprised at how much stuff we had already discussed. We have basically 11 more sessions to go and plan on finishing them this summer as he goes back to school in the Fall and I do not want to procrastinate and wait until the last minute. Session 2 is this Wednesday and I think were going to double it up with session 3!
    Posted by Danny&Mel2003[/QUOTE]

What was the questionnaire like?
    May 2013 October Siggy - The Honeymoon Walt Disney & Daytona Beach imageFollow Me on Pinterest
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards