Wedding Etiquette Forum

FFF or UO or I judge

Re: FFF or UO or I judge

• mica178mica178 member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary First Comment
    Oops, sorry, Poke.  I stand corrected.  But I still judge the flirting.  Sorry.
  • ErinG93ErinG93 member
    First Comment
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_fff-or-uo-or-i-judge?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:62caf65f-a008-4f56-9f8b-056dfe09a70aPost:86c1bfbc-391d-493d-8714-1a13a664d797">Re: FFF or UO or I judge</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: FFF or UO or I judge : I don't know specifics but large companies are usually assholios because they can get away with it. And it's kind of false advertising. I mean if I looked at Tom's of Maine toothpaste I would think it was a crunchy, natural, local product that supported Maine. But if it's owned by Colgate that is probably not the case. To me it kind of defeats the purpose of supporting a small/unique brand. 
    Posted by RupertPenny[/QUOTE]<div>
    </div><div>Yeah, this exactly.

</div>
  • edited May 2012
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_fff-or-uo-or-i-judge?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:62caf65f-a008-4f56-9f8b-056dfe09a70aPost:b34c5221-1437-46d2-a501-ee3b6d1b81b4">Re: FFF or UO or I judge</a>:
    [QUOTE]Snippy, your flame for me reminds me of an UO that the other thread made me think of.  I just really wish politicians would leave their family lives out of everything.  I didn't like it when Sarah Palin was trotting her son everywhere to prove how pro-life she was. I don't like Obama stating his daughters as a reason for changing policy. I think politicians use their families to humanize them or whatever, but I think it's wrong to use your minor children for political gain. I think I'm sucking at expressing it, but that was my main point.  Which I guess is really unpopular.
    Posted by djhar[/QUOTE]

<div>I agree with this general sentiment. Edited for privacy. </div>
    Photobucket
  • DJ - that's how I feel about politicians wearing religion on their sleeve. Blue got onto me for thinking that it's bullshit, and I understand why they do it, but nothing turns me off more from a candidate than their overwhelming religious views. 
  • aragx6aragx6 member
    5 Love Its Combo Breaker First Comment
    Burt's Bees is another example of that -- they were bought by Clorox 5 years ago.
    Lizzie
  • In Response to Re:FFF or UO or I judge:[QUOTE]I think Toms shoes are dumb. Not because they are fug, but because it's a bad model for a charity.nbsp; Posted by RupertPenny[/QUOTE]

Thank you. I want to shout this from the rooftops every time I see someone wearing them. They are horrible for the local economy.
  • That is creepy Anna. Is he running near where you guys are moving?
  • It's cool. FI and I don't mind if we flirt with other people because that's just how we roll. Neither of us see a problem with harmless flirting. It never goes beyond words and we never hide it from eachother. I get that other people aren't comfortable with that. 

LDY - Maybe it's because you don't know me very well yet? I do most of my posting in the evening and you seem to do most of it during the day. If I ever do say something idiodic you are more then welcome to call me out on it. : )
  • Toms shoes are hideous anyway. I'm not sure why people would pay more than $1 for them.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_fff-or-uo-or-i-judge?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:62caf65f-a008-4f56-9f8b-056dfe09a70aPost:2a45890a-416f-4401-bcaf-a3297d2e37f0">Re: FFF or UO or I judge</a>:
    [QUOTE]That is creepy Anna. Is he running near where you guys are moving?
    Posted by ahhhitsshannyn[/QUOTE]

<div>No. It isn't really a big deal but I was just kind of like "why is this necessary?" </div>
    Photobucket
  • That must be what it is, Poke. Nothing against you. And it could very much be that something about your sig/avatar thing reminds me of someone else subconsciously. Who knows. 

Just don't be stupid.

And stop flirting with people who aren't your FI.
  • mica178mica178 member
    Maybe I just hate all politicians.

seesawgirl annoys me for too many reasons.  She asks stupid WR questions, and when she tries to talk about NWR stuff, she comes off as whiny.  I don't know why, but her post about not helping with dishes at her inlaws house irritated me, maybe because the title question didn't match the story in the thread.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_fff-or-uo-or-i-judge?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:62caf65f-a008-4f56-9f8b-056dfe09a70aPost:31a8b3e5-7a38-47b5-80d5-647a3b9384cd">Re: FFF or UO or I judge</a>:
    [QUOTE]I can jump on that Snippy. It seriously sucks that anyone cares about WHAT his reasons are, they should be nodding their heads and realizing that this is the right direction our country should be going on the gay marriage debate.
    Exactly.  Who gives a shiit why, as long as it's a positive change?
  • I adore Bree - and if you're going to wear Toms on your wedding day, I think she did it the most correct way possible (bright red wedges). But Toms with a wedding dress is just wrong. 

Just. Wrong.
  • amys325amys325 member
    5 Love Its First Comment
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_fff-or-uo-or-i-judge?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:62caf65f-a008-4f56-9f8b-056dfe09a70aPost:31a8b3e5-7a38-47b5-80d5-647a3b9384cd">Re: FFF or UO or I judge</a>:
    [QUOTE]I can jump on that Snippy. It seriously sucks that anyone cares about WHAT his reasons are, they should be nodding their heads and realizing that this is the right direction our country should be going on the gay marriage debate.

<div>Shan, Snippy, MK and anyone else I missed.</div><div>
    </div><div>I agree with everything you are saying in regards to this topic.</div>
  • Mica - I thoguht that too about her thread. When I first read it I kind of skimmed through and didn't notice it was her ILs. I was kind of thinking "I can't believe your friend invited you over and expected you to do the clean up." but then I started reading the comments and realised it was her ILs. Well....yeah. Help out. 
  • aragx6aragx6 member
    5 Love Its Combo Breaker First Comment
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_fff-or-uo-or-i-judge?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:9Discussion:62caf65f-a008-4f56-9f8b-056dfe09a70aPost:c687b694-639c-4f37-bcad-832aafcfd36e">Re: FFF or UO or I judge</a>:
    [QUOTE]Maybe I just hate all politicians. seesawgirl annoys me for too many reasons.  She asks stupid WR questions, and when she tries to talk about NWR stuff, she comes off as whiny.  I don't know why, but her post about not helping with dishes at her inlaws house irritated me, maybe because the title question didn't match the story in the thread.
    Posted by mica178[/QUOTE]

I've not given her a ton of thought, and she has annoyed me with some WR questions before, but I actually felt bad for her in that thread. It probably just brings out my crazy feminist side, but it really bothered me that her husband told her the comment embarassed him and that he wishes she'd help more when he's not doing anything either. Those sort of inequities really get under my skin, and I feel like instead of chiding her he could have been a lot more supportive.
    Lizzie
  • Seesaw is a strange cat. I just can't get over that she had never been to a real doctor. 

Maybe she wears tinfoil hats like Anna. 
  • FTR, before I start my exam here (hah), my problem really wasn't so much his exact wording of why he supports it now, or ever has, or whatever. It was the entire thing in itself and how people reacted with little cynicism. But i get that people disagree with me and that's fine. In general, I do not like or support any politicians, nor do I find almost any of their motivations to be honest. So, while I really do NOT Like Obama, I also do NOT like any of the other candidates for president right now either. I'm not discriminating my hate, haha. If any other politician would've done it, I would've side eyed them too. 
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_fff-or-uo-or-i-judge?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:62caf65f-a008-4f56-9f8b-056dfe09a70aPost:f4be36f4-49f8-4a23-908c-dcfe3e933346">Re: FFF or UO or I judge</a>:
    [QUOTE]OK.  Maybe I just haven't been around very much, but it seems like Angel came outta nowhere and is all over the place now, with her constant dramz.  It's just like, where did you come from and why do you have so much drama going on?  I think she has had 1500 posts in like the past 2 weeks.  Just kinda weirds me out....but everyone else seems to be digging her.  So maybe I'm the weirdo.
    Posted by abbalish[/QUOTE]

I originally started posting here in February. I found it kind of hard to break in, so my posting was fairly sporadic. About a month ago, I started posting here more and I've had a lot of time on my hands with FI being so busy with school, so I was around a lot, especially at night. I'm sorry that's weird to you.

And I don't mean to be constantly dramatic, and usually when I do post about problems I'm having, it's meant for the people in the evening thread who I feel I have developed a friendship with. I guess I should start watching what I say a little better.

I know defendng yourself in FFF usually gets you flamed more, but I honestly don't give a fuuck right now.
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_fff-or-uo-or-i-judge?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:62caf65f-a008-4f56-9f8b-056dfe09a70aPost:b8c3800f-9dab-44f1-8643-c9f8d31829b5">Re: FFF or UO or I judge</a>:
    [QUOTE]I adore Bree - and if you're going to wear Toms on your wedding day, I think she did it the most correct way possible (bright red wedges).<strong> But Toms with a wedding dress is just wrong.</strong>  Just. Wrong.
    Posted by LDYGTR13[/QUOTE]

<div>For homecoming my little sister wore knee high purple converse with her silver knee length dress. Then for the Military Ball (she's in ROTC) she had a beautiful black and white dress but wore sneakers and a tie. It makes me very very sad. </div>
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_fff-or-uo-or-i-judge?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:62caf65f-a008-4f56-9f8b-056dfe09a70aPost:56ef22f2-52de-47a4-9d78-0c7cb1695c38">Re: FFF or UO or I judge</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: FFF or UO or I judge : Here is a  LINK . There are more links at the bottom of this link.  Basically, it doesn't help people that much to just unload shiit on them. That just disrupts the local economy and puts the people who were providing that product out of business. 
    Posted by RupertPenny[/QUOTE]

I agree. Also, clothing donations are bad for local economies. Like Goodwill and whatnot. Two other issues I have with them:
    1) they ARE fug
    2) the founder did some kind of endorsement/event with Focus on the Family. If you're into Focus on the Family, more power to you, but that was a slap in the face for a lot of Toms supporters who considered it a pretty laid-back, liberal organization.

I have a friend who works for them who totally drank the koolaid. He wears Toms almost exclusively now.
    my read shelf:
    Meredith's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
    40/112

Photobucket
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_fff-or-uo-or-i-judge?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:62caf65f-a008-4f56-9f8b-056dfe09a70aPost:48bc8403-f650-4c52-83b7-327a81a07837">Re: FFF or UO or I judge</a>:
    [QUOTE]Seesaw is a strange cat. I just can't get over that she had never been to a real doctor.  Maybe she wears tinfoil hats like Anna. 
    Posted by LDYGTR13[/QUOTE]<div>
    </div><div>I go to the doctor LDY! I might be crazy but don't lump me in with her brand of wackiness ok. 

</div>
    Photobucket
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_fff-or-uo-or-i-judge?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:9Discussion:62caf65f-a008-4f56-9f8b-056dfe09a70aPost:c687b694-639c-4f37-bcad-832aafcfd36e">Re: FFF or UO or I judge</a>:
    [QUOTE]Maybe I just hate all politicians. seesawgirl annoys me for too many reasons.  She asks stupid WR questions, and when she tries to talk about NWR stuff, she comes off as whiny.  I don't know why, but her post about not helping with dishes at her inlaws house irritated me, maybe because the title question didn't match the story in the thread.

Haven't you heard? I annoy everyone.

Seriously though, I get it. Flame away, but I'm not whining when I ask questions. There are people that whine, and there are people that ask because they genuinely need advice, and this is the only place they know they can get good advice, without having to show the real world how ignorant they are. I am the latter.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_fff-or-uo-or-i-judge?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:62caf65f-a008-4f56-9f8b-056dfe09a70aPost:ba5ffe5f-2b46-441c-b8d1-dd999460aa2b">Re: FFF or UO or I judge</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: FFF or UO or I judge : I agree. Also, clothing donations are bad for local economies. Like<strong> Goodwill</strong> and whatnot. Two other issues I have with them: 1) they ARE fug 2) the founder did some kind of endorsement/event with Focus on the Family. If you're into Focus on the Family, more power to you, but that was a slap in the face for a lot of Toms supporters who considered it a pretty laid-back, liberal organization. I have a friend who works for them who totally drank the koolaid. He wears Toms almost exclusively now.
    Posted by msmerymac[/QUOTE]<div>
    </div><div>Yeah, I donate clothes to Goodwill but I think the real value of that organization is providing jobs to mentally handicapped people and that side of the organization. Not because I think people don't have clothes. 

</div>
    Photobucket
  • mica178mica178 member
    I like the South American and European way of separating the legal and the religious marriage.  It solves the problem of angering the religious groups who do not support gay marriage.
  • SnippylynnSnippylynn member
    5 Love Its Combo Breaker First Comment First Anniversary
    edited May 2012
    Angel, if you don't GAF, why are you responding?

Musu, I think the reason no one gives a crap about Obama's TIMING is because most people feel it is the RIGHT THING TO DO. Be a cynic- that's fine. But there's a fine line between cynicsm and tinfoil hat territory. Sounds as though you have crossed over.
  • Angel, even if it is people I know, if someone tells me their FI called them a heartless bitch I would be mega pissed for them, and probably hate their FI for a while. I know it doesn't really matter what we think, but I know people around here that have posted some shitty things about their SO's and they will never live it down. If you want to post here without people always thinking "oh, that girl with the shitty FI" I would stop posting shitty things about him.
  • i was a little weirded out by the woman on the Time cover breastfeeding her son, who is almost 4.  FI thought the photo was CG.  I intend to breastfeed when we have children, but I think there is a certain point where you have to cut it off.

Wedding Countdown Ticker

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_fff-or-uo-or-i-judge?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:62caf65f-a008-4f56-9f8b-056dfe09a70aPost:f78d0628-5bd6-4e6f-b0a3-f0911245e90e">Re: FFF or UO or I judge</a>:
    [QUOTE]I like the South American and European way of separating the legal and the religious marriage.  It solves the problem of angering the religious groups who do not support gay marriage.

<div>I wish we did this too. I'm sure people would still get angry, but it just makes more sense to me. </div>
    Photobucket
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards