Just Engaged and Proposals

Newbies....Please Read!

You need to be very careful about sharing personal information on the boards. Don't use your name as your screen name. If you already have, delete your account and sign up for a new one.

Be careful of what you put in your tickers (like future Mrs. HisLastName) and how much info you post in your bios.
You WILL get googled and not everyone on the knot is here for the same reasons you are. There have been many cases of internet and real life collisions with not so happy endings.

Practice good internet safety!

Happy Planning!
The Bee Hive Est. June 30, 2007
"So I sing a song of love, Julia"

BFAR:We Defined Our Own Success!

Re: Newbies....Please Read!

• this time a million. listen to your auntie B.
  • you know, i used to have an internet safety sticky at the top of this board. what happend to it??? i put it up there when we had the running trend of girls posting links to their fb accounts to show off engagement ring pics. hmmm.
  • :shrugs:

No idea.
    The Bee Hive Est. June 30, 2007
    "So I sing a song of love, Julia"

BFAR:We Defined Our Own Success!

• Dani's got taken away this week, too, sarah. The knot is imploding.
    Vacation with Alix, Andy, Mandy, and FLORENCE. AND HER MACHINE.

The Margarita Evolution
  • Ditto this times a million.

About a year ago on the Etiquette board (formerly Planning & Etiquette or P&E), a semi-regular had her first and very distinctive middle name as her SN.  Another knottie who didn't like her decided to google her and the first thing that popped up was the girl's name, email, job, and supervisor.  The other knottie decided to email the supervisor and included a link to several of her TK threads.  While said evil knottie did get banned, the damage was already done.  The "violated" knottie had to delete her account and, to the best of my knowledge, never came back.

Anyone can read these boards; I was stuck at the airport in Lima, Peru last year and to kill time decided to go online to TK.  I didn't log in and could still read the boards as a visitor to the site.  

So be careful!  Don't link to your FB page, use your real name, anything!
    Courtesy of megk8oz
    "I think bablingbrooke is the 13 yr old marring her cousin at the town hall. Lets all give her a big hand. And hope her inbred children can live normal lives." -tabs.

A word of warning from your friends at Cracked.com: Remember that text is going to be how you make your first impression over the internet; if every third word you type is misspelled, people will automatically assume that you're a moron.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards