New York-Western

Hair/Make-up Recommendations? Help Please!

Hello everyone!

I'm getting married in Geneva, NY in August and I'm looking for a place to get hair and make-up done for my bridal party.  I'm hoping for a place that will do a good job but not break the budget.  I'm planning from Minnesota, so I'd appreciate any recommendations! Smile

Thanks so much for your help!
Emily
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Hair/Make-up Recommendations? Help Please!

• edited December 2011
    We used www.glamonlocation.com
    they come to your house or hotel and do everything right there.  my trialrun went fantastic!!! 
    good luck!
  • edited December 2011
    Where in Geneva are you getting married?

I'm getting married at Ventosa Vineyards and although the wedding isn't until September 2012, it has already crossed my mind that I'll have to find a good makeup and hair person who's willing to travel out there.
  • edited December 2011
    We're getting married at Belhurst.  Ventosa is lovely though - what an incredible view!  That will be stunning in September.

I'll let you know what I find out about the hair/make-up stuff.  I've sent a few inquiries out but haven't heard anything back.  I wouldn't be thinking about it so soon except one of my employees is getting married the same day and said some places she called were already booked!  So much to do!  :0)

How are your wedding plans coming?
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    Belhurst is very pretty. I'd love to have my rehearsal dinner there. I mean, you can't beat a castle.

My plans are coming along well, though I haven't gone into full planning mode since I have so much time. When you get a chance, I'd love to hear about your vendors. I have a photographer in mind, but everything else is up in the air. (I love to hear from other Geneva brides.)
  • edited December 2011
    Hi
     City Spa is located in Geneva, they travel to you or you can go there. They are centraly located on Exchange St. They do makeup and hair and very reasonable, they have a great team! 315.789.0052.
  • edited December 2011
    I got married in Penn Yan (down the road) this past summer and got my hair done at Studio Salon (<-- link) in Geneva.  They were really friendly and wonderful and my hair turned out great!  I was a bit nervous as I live in Nebraska and wasn't able to do a trial run there but the woman (whose name sadly slips my mind) did an amazing job.  It's a large enough place that it can easily handle a bridal party.  I didn't get my make-up done there so I'm not sure how they are in that respect. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards