Louisiana-New Orleans

Suites for wedding day preparation

I am looking for suggestions for hotel suites to get ready In for the day of our wedding. We would like to book 2 suites that can accommodate about 15+ for preparations. We would like downtown New Orleans/ quarter area. Any suggestions would be appreciated!!

Re: Suites for wedding day preparation

• edited December 2011
    We had a suite at the Loews... it was so nice and made for a perfect "day of" location. 
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • edited December 2011
    We are staying at the Royal Sonesta.  There's a parlor area with two attached bedrooms with an attached balcony on Bourbon Street.  I've stayed here several times for bachelorette parties.  It's really nice and I highly recommend it!
  • edited December 2011
    Maison Dupuy has a separate 2 story carriage house in the back that is large and has it's own courtyard for entertaining. Bienville House has a bridal suite that is also quite large and I thought it was pretty awesome. Bourbon Orleans has suites that were large, but I don't think 15 would fit comfortably in just one. You would need adjoining suites/rooms if you all wanted to be together. Last, Chateau Bourbon has generous sized suites too. I have my hotel room block there and will be getting ready there in a suite. Their regular size rooms are very big, they also have petite suites, and then the regular suites, which may work for you. Also, i remember a thread about this in late summer on this board where you may find some other suggestions from other brides. These are the ones I saw firsthand when trying to decide on my room blocks. Good luck!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • RYLZRYLZ member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I second the rec for Chateau Bourbon-- their suites are very spacious, and they have a configuration where you can get adjoining 1 bedroom suites that works out to a A LOT of space and 2 full bathrooms, which works out to less than $500.

The Prince Conti, has a huge 1 bedroom suite with a large dining table.  As well as one 2-bedroom suite.

Keep in mind, for a lot of hotels, there will be a 2-night minimum on the weekend so even though you only need it to get ready, be prepared to pay for 2 nights.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards