New York-Long Island

Advice on a bridal salon

Hey all, This is my first post on the knot how exciting! I've been scowering these boards for the past 3 months but now I need your help. I'm going wedding dress shopping soon and I need at least one or two more places to look. Im From long island, wedding will be on LI, but im currently living in cleveland for business. Anyways, I'm going to bridal reflections in massapequa as well as Macy's bridal salon by demetrios. My budget is around 1-2k dollars, definitely don't want to spend over 2500. Any suggestions for places on LI (preferably not too far out east) would be greatly appreciated!!

Re: Advice on a bridal salon

• I just bought my dress at Macy's (Smithhaven Mall). I really didn't think I was going to find anything there, but I absolutely fell in love with my dress. I worked with the nicest saleswoman there, and I think that out of all the places, it was my favorite because there were large dressing rooms with your own "pedastal"-thing (you didn't have to go out in public to see your dress properly if you didn't want to. I thought at first glance that the dresses were kind of uninteresting, but I found 3 there that were legitmate contenders. 

I went to a couple of different places, and out of all of them, I would reccommend Helen's Bridal in Commack. They have a good amount of dresses, and it is kind of private (I was the only appointment when I was there, and I don't think they had more than one or two dressing rooms). The dresses there were pretty much in your price range, from what I can remember (I tried on A LOT of dresses, lol). The people there were also pretty nice. It was the first place I went to, and I tried on just about every kind of dress. 
  • It's a little further east, but I had a really good experience with Paradise Bridal in Patchogue - they weren't pushy at all, and they were very respectful of my budget (my mom told them the budget was $3000, and they barely showed me anything over $2000), plus they had a massive selection in the price range you mentioned.
    imagemy to-read shelf:
    Steph's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (to-read shelf)
  • Thanks ladies!!! Made an appt at Helen's only bc patchogue is a bit far. Again thanks so much!!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards