Kentucky

Needing advice on a few things!

First let me announce that its almost completely official! We went and found my ring together today AND I get it in a few weeks! He's planning on asking my dad first of course, then we will see what goes from there.

What I'm needing advice on is that I'm lookin at dresses right now. I've found a few really pretty once. The thing is that they are off of the internet. One was from Davids Bridal collection, and some other sites tailor them. Ordering from the internet such a good idea? And I'm just a bit stuck on what type of fabric is best for a spring wedding. Im not much on Satin, I love the look of chiffon and Taffetta. But I'm not sure. Any opinions?
Wedding Countdown Ticker IAmPregnant Ticker Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Needing advice on a few things!

• Wrkn925Wrkn925 member
    5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I really suggest waiting until he proposes to shop for dresses.  Don't ruin the moment for him or yourself.

If you chose not to take the first bit of advice, be very careful will ordering dresses online.  A lot of the sites that appear too good to be true, are.  They are knock-offs and are poor quality.

If you chose to order online, visit the attire board and ask the ladies there for a reputable site.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • edited December 2011
    Photographer-Nvisible Photography! Very affordable (they will even work with you on prices and beautiful photo's!)
  • NSizemore2011NSizemore2011 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    thank you Ill have to go look at their website
  • inkygirlinkygirl member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I also wouldn't order a dress online unless you've tried it on. I say that because the dresses that I loved, that I thought would look great on me didn't.  They actually looked horrible.  My dress ended up being one that I thought was super ugly on the hanger and then I fell in love with once it was on.  I'd go try on dresses, figure out what you want and then search for that specific dress online.

• I definitely would not order any wedding dress. If you want to go to David's Bridal and the dress that you want isn't in the store, they can order it for you. I'm guessing you pretty much can do that at any store. 

A lot of dresses may seem pretty on the rack or in pictures, but you may end up hating them once you put them on. 

Plus, wedding dresses are made different than regular clothes, so you may need a different size than you normally wear.
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    That's true. I just need to go to a few places and start trying on different types of dresses. I really want to see if I love the one at Davids Bridal on as much as I do off the rack. So I suppose I'll be making a trip. I just have a case of 'sticker shock' lol.
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I believe that I figured out the colors.
    Dk. Purple and Pink for the bridesmaids.
    My little girl (the flower girl) wll be in white and pink
    With Calla Lillies.

As far the wedding dress. A trip to a few wedding shops/stores will definantly have an idea of what I want.

• squirrlysquirrly member
    Name Dropper First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Breathe.  It's exciting, sure, but for now, limit yourself to browsing sites like TheKnot and looking through planning and married bios of knotties for ideas.  Don't make too many decisions.  Don't ask your BMs to be BMs too early.  And definitely don't dress shop now.  Leave something to enjoy once you're officially engaged! 
    DIY & Planning | Married 

Married: 2010
    Mom to J: 2011
    Mom to H: 2014

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Dresses may be easier to take in than let out, but guest lists are not. -- kate51485
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I know I know.

I'm a bit sick right now, so this is my downtime.
    And well if all goes well this weekend at dads, we will be officially engaged within the next week or 2.

I've not ask all of the girls. Just my bestfriend of 8 years. Other than that I'm keeping it pretty low key. I'm just worried that I wont be able to get everything pulled together by the date that we have agreed on (June 11,2011). I get a bit exhausted thinking about it all. So you're def. right. I just need to relax. Get to feeling better and worry about alot of the details later.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards