Christian Weddings
Options

Monday QOTD

Are there foods that are "normal" in your part of the country that aren't normal in other parts?
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Monday QOTD

• Options
    I'm in Canada (ontario) but I can't think of anything weird that is here...althought when I visited my Croatian grandma a few years ago -she lives in Canada- she made a dehydrated fish soup and a salad with octopus.  it's pretty common in her culture but certainly not here in canada!
  • Options

I've had a hard time finding pepperoni rolls outside of WV.  The only place I've been able to find them in VA or NC is Kroger.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    I'm in Northern CA. We have everything it seems like. Every fruit and veggie all the time, and every kind of food I can think of I can find in my area. It's pretty nice actually!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    The only thing that immediately comes to mind is fried cheese curds ... had never seen one before I moved to Wisconsin.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/cultural-wedding-boards_christian-weddings_monday-qotd-33?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Cultural Wedding BoardsForum:464687ae-7bc1-4360-9aea-999e11f1e1adDiscussion:4fa20d1b-c8b2-45ac-b462-275830f03832Post:9fbee411-b9b0-49a2-946a-b59bf41bd6e7">Re: Monday QOTD</a>:
    [QUOTE]The only thing that immediately comes to mind is fried cheese curds ... had never seen one before I moved to Wisconsin.
    Posted by agape1cor813[/QUOTE]

Fried cheese curds may have been my favorite part of my one trip to Wisconsin!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/cultural-wedding-boards_christian-weddings_monday-qotd-33?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Cultural Wedding BoardsForum:464687ae-7bc1-4360-9aea-999e11f1e1adDiscussion:4fa20d1b-c8b2-45ac-b462-275830f03832Post:9fbee411-b9b0-49a2-946a-b59bf41bd6e7">Re: Monday QOTD</a>:
    [QUOTE]The only thing that immediately comes to mind is fried cheese curds ... had never seen one before I moved to Wisconsin.
    Posted by agape1cor813[/QUOTE]

never had them! now I want some
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Idk about other areas in the South but the one thing at comes to my mind from the panhandle of FL (where my dad's family lives) is boiled peanuts. Some like cajun but I love the regular boiled peanuts and in NC I can't find any! ;(
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    The closest thing to me that I can think of is actually in New Mexico. I guess every burger place there offers green chiles as a condiment to go on your burger. Never heard of that anywhere else I've been.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards