Honeymoon Discussions

Ideas for a short, warm winter trip

We were planning on going to Hawaii next winter.  We're already going to Yellowstone in August, and I recently got a new job and will not have enough vacation to take two long vacations next year. 

So we'd like to do a short trip somewhere warm in the winter.  January, or so.  Budget would ideally be around $1k, and we're looking at a long weekend--Friday - Monday or so.  We were thinking Vegas, but I wonder if we could do a long weekend in Mexico somewhere for around 1k.  Any suggestions on good places for a long weekend in Mexico that will be a nice getaway but not break the bank?

Everything the light touches is my kingdom.

Re: Ideas for a short, warm winter trip

• I'd check the Travel board on the nest, JK. Lot's of those ladies are really well traveled and have great ideas.
  • Ah, I didn't realize there was a travel board there.  That's how often I visit TN ;)  Thanks for the idea!

• 1k total or per person?  A quick orbitz search showed packages for round trip from MN to Cancun with hotel at an AI for $700-1000/pp.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_honeymoon_ideas-for-a-short-warm-winter-trip?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:11Discussion:78276a96-ada4-4361-a1be-dc87e088a793Post:f3ea821b-22af-4fe4-a252-a5a10a0cf41f">Ideas for a short, warm winter trip</a>:
    [QUOTE]We were planning on going to Hawaii next winter.  We're already going to Yellowstone in August, and I recently got a new job and will not have enough vacation to take two long vacations next year.  So we'd like to do a short trip somewhere warm in the winter.  January, or so.  Budget would ideally be around $1k, and we're looking at a long weekend--Friday - Monday or so.  <strong>We were thinking Vegas</strong>, but I wonder if we could do a long weekend in Mexico somewhere for around 1k.  Any suggestions on good places for a long weekend in Mexico that will be a nice getaway but not break the bank?
    Posted by J&K10910[/QUOTE]

Vegas is cold in January.
     I learned that one that hard way after packing no coat and freezing my tail off the whole trip.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_honeymoon_ideas-for-a-short-warm-winter-trip?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:11Discussion:78276a96-ada4-4361-a1be-dc87e088a793Post:6fb62fe4-9766-4835-b51b-fbfa06e5accc">Re: Ideas for a short, warm winter trip</a>:
    [QUOTE]1k total or per person?  A quick orbitz search showed packages for round trip from MN to Cancun with hotel at an AI for $700-1000/pp.
    Posted by mica178[/QUOTE]

We were thinking total, because that's what we could Vegas for--but we can spend more. 

Expired: it's not cold compared to MN.  I didn't mean laying on the beach warm. 

• Jen6862Jen6862 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited March 2012
    Puerto Rico or Gulf coast of Florida--maybe? It depends on who has cheaper air fare. Another good bet might be Costa Rica... lodgings and food are cheap!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards