Iowa-Des Moines

wedding dress shopping

My Sister and cousin have  set up an appointment for us to go dress shopping next saturday. My cousin is out of state so it works best for her to do it then. I know that i'm not where i want to be weight wise yet. So is it crazy to go dress shopping? It will just be for fun, you think the ppl at the store will be pissed? lol
Anniversary

Re: wedding dress shopping

• edited December 2011
    Probably but who cares! Have fun!!!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • edited December 2011
    NO... just don't tell them. All you have to say at the end is you are not ready to purchase yet. I would wait until the end or your service might be lacking a little if they know they are not going to make a sale. But people do this more than you would think. Just be aware that many stores offer a discount if you purchase on the first visit so you might not want to waste this perk. Could be 10% which on a 1500 dress is $150! Just FYI!
    ~basquing in the wedded bliss~
  • edited December 2011
    totally ok to go dress shopping this early if all else fails hey the dress can be taken in not let out alot!
  • edited December 2011
    Its actually really fun to go dress shopping without planning to buy because then you worry less.  I would highly recommend Elaine's Bridal in Fort Dodge.  They are the only store in the state that had my dream dress (it had sleeves so it was hard to find).  There are 2 women who work in the shop including Elaine and they do free alterations if you buy your dress there just an FYI.  
    When I went to try on they put the dresses over my head and everything.  I just had to stand there and look pretty.  You should check them out.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards