• Images
  • Text
  • Find a Couple + Registry
GO
March 2011 Weddings

Who is selling their dress?

And if you don't mind me asking how much are you selling it for? I want to sell mine, but after looking on the classifeds on TK, eBay, and craigslist I've noticed a lot of people seem to sell their dresses in the $200-400 range. I paid about $1100 for mine and I don't want to take that big of a hit on it. I'd like to get $600ish for it, but don't know if I'm even being reasonable, I guess it doesn't hurt to try!
Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Who is selling their dress?

• Not sure what I'm going to do with my dress, but when I tried to sell my old one when my engagement was called off, I couldn't get more than $100 on a never worn dress.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I'm selling my reception dress...  it was around $600 new, and had about $150 in alterations done to customize it (not sizing stuff)...   I'm trying to sell it for $300. I don't think I'll get that much, but who knows.

I still haven't decided if I'm going to try to sell my ceremony gown or not...  but *I* bought it pre-owned for $300, and it's somewhere around $800-900 new.
    Photobucket
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers

TTC since 2-09 Diagnosed with PCOS 12-11

• I'm trying to sell it.. but won't be bummed if it doesn't sell.  :)
  • I haven't decided. There are a couple bridal consignment shops in town that I might research to see if it would be better to sell it through there. Are there any near you?

My new bff Gayle Forman!

?You can have your wishes, your plans, but at the end of the day, it's out of your control" - Gayle Forman
    Pregnancy Ticker
    Married Bio

Lizzie's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf) ?????? image

• I want to sell mine - or donate it to Brides Against Breast Cancer - but my mother and aunt act like I'm murdering someone whenever I mention it. Sigh.
    tiffandshel.tumblr.com
    www.tiffandshel.com/wedding

Photobucket

Anniversary
  • I was thinking about it. I guess some money is better than none and it taking up space in my closet.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • i get irrationally emotionally attached to things...I will never get rid of mine, I need to have it cleaned and i will put it in the bck of the closet and Im perfectly ok with that :)
    And my veil is an heirloom piece...I know noone will ever wear my dress but I do hope someone will wear my veil one day!
    image pregnancy
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_march-2011-weddings_selling-their-dress?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:643Discussion:cca809a5-858b-44b7-9c6a-77325fb0c4cbPost:fccea08e-a22d-40ad-ae81-9084af5c6ff4">Re: Who is selling their dress?</a>:
    [QUOTE]I haven't decided. There are a couple bridal consignment shops in town that I might research to see if it would be better to sell it through there. Are there any near you?
    Posted by caseyandlizzie[/QUOTE]

I'll have to check that out, that's a good idea, thanks!
  • My dress was $350 and then I paid $200 in alterations (she added the detailing at the top too).  Before I even had a chance to list it, a FB friend commented on how she LOVED my dress and thought it was the most beautiful thing she'd ever seen.  I told her I'd be selling it eventually and even though she isn't even in a realtionship right now she was interested.  Without realizing HOW MUCH she really loved the dress, I told her i'd sell it for $200.  She was beyond ecstatic and wants the dress.

...Now I am having second thoughts about either keeping the dress (I just love seeing it hanging on the back of my closet, tee hee)  or else regrets on the price, now that I realize I could probably get way more for it.

So, I am undecided.  LOL.  But yes there are bridal consignment shops out there too, and my seamstress also mentioned that she would be able to sell my dress quickly, being in the biz...
    BFP Chart, EDD 4/21/13
    It's a GIRL!

BabyFetus Ticker

Photobucket

3 babies in Heaven (1 miscarriage in 2006, 2 ectopics in 2012 - EDDs 9/29/12 & 1/29/13)
    one on earth (DS born 10/29/08) and one in my belly. ?

WOOT!!! My TBBFF SweetC80 is KTFU!!!

my read shelf:
    Kari Plautz's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
  • Making a quilt out of mine, but I doubt anyone would by a red wedding dress...

I say 600 for your dress is too much. That is more than half.  I would say about 400 would be better.
    Visit The Nest! Visit The Nest!
  • Yeah, I'll probably try to list it at around $450-500 to start out with. I looked at the bridal consignment shops around here, it says they list the dress for half of the price you paid (as long as you have a valid receipt) and then they keep half of what its listed for when it sells. So I'd end up with around $275-300.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards