Texas-Houston

200 Guest for $10,000 in Houston- Is It Possible?

Hey,

I'm having my wedding in the Houston area. My FI & I both have huge families. After numerous atempts to cut the guest list down, we must admit failure. Soooo now we're considering a guest count of 200. Our budget is only $10,000.

Is it possible in the Houston area?

And if so give me the details!!! I really need them.

Thanks

Re: 200 Guest for $10,000 in Houston- Is It Possible?

• tyboydtyboyd member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I believe it is!

Having your wedding on a Friday or Sunday is less expensive at most places, or during the week. All in one places are generally less expensive.
    There's a nice room in the Humble Civic Cener, it rents for like $1k. There are I'm sure other venues that are inexpensive.
    I know you can find food for $6-$13pp.
    I know a lady that does linens and photography, both for very inexpensive. I'll put that at about $800 for both linens and photography.
    My florist is very inexpensive, can't really guess because IDK how many flowers you want.
    I'm sure I missed some things, but I think it is very possible to accomplish.
  • edited December 2011
    Yes it is.  Pick a venue that includes most of all that you need.  Dont be affriad to use info from other venues to haggle down the price.  There is always room to negotiate.  Keep a strick budget, exlude things that you dont really need.  Your dress, venue and food are important.  Find a good DJ that will keep you party lively.  If you take care of all of that, then you will have a great wedding.  
    imageAnniversary
  • edited December 2011
    Definitely possible.  Check into a reception venue like Maggiano's.  Great food and the reception ballroom is incredible. 
  • edited December 2011
    Thanks a bunch, very helpful!!!!
  • edited December 2011
    Check out the Gallery. I think their fee is under $4K and they provide all of the tables/chairs. The venue doesn't need much decor because it's so pretty. Candles looks GREAT at this venue and are inexpensive.
    Anniversary
  • edited December 2011

If you don't mind Pasadena, try Hacienda Bella www.haciendabella.net.

I'm getting married there in May.  Tell Teresa that Ashley told you to call!  Don't worry, I don't get referral perks, but I do think she's a nice person to work with. 

BabyFetus Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards