New York

Accessories?

My wedding is two weeks from today, and I still have no idea what accessories I  am wearing. My dress has some crystals on it, and so does my veil, and I'm having a hard time deciding on how much other "bling" to wear. I usually just wear earrings and occasionally a necklace. Do any of you lovely ladies have any suggestions?

Here is my dress:

Photobucket BabyFruit Ticker

Re: Accessories?

• edited December 2011
    How will you have your hair?

Personally, I am a big fan of super dramatic, fabulous earrings with a more subdued, understated necklace... especially when the hair is up.... this is what I did (pics below)

Miss Mrs. New & Improved Blog Chart
    Online Garage Sale
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
    monica & kevin married 5.28.11
    bfp 8.11.11 - m/c 8.17.11
    bfp 11.11.11 - edd 7.25.12
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Happily9Happily9 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I was going to say something similart to Moncia.  A chain type necklace with a small touch of bling to compliment your other bling, but without adding too much!  Love those earings Monica!
  • raes19raes19 member
    edited December 2011
    Thats along the lines I was thinking. Earrings are my favorite piece of jewelry and my hair will be up, so I'm all for big sparkly ones. Good idea with the simple chain necklace, I will start looking along those lines. Thanks for the tips!
    Photobucket BabyFruit Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    I love this dress! And Monica you're so pretty :)

I posted a while back about a similar question, and my advice was along the lines of what PPs have already said. With the bare chest that comes with a sweetheart neckline, the best thing I can recommend is to accentutate your clavacles; see how Monica's simple necklace highlights her neck, breastbone and looks so dainty and feminine? Pair a simple, understated necklace (I'm personally a fan of a semi-choker style, not RIGHT on your throat but one that dips just a inch or two lower) with a killer pair of earrings. Here is picture of how I've rocked this look, at a gala for my internship back in December:
    Photobucket
  • edited December 2011
    Aww... thanks, ladies!!  Lorna, love the pic!!  That was totally the idea I was thinking for raes... blinged out earrings and a barely-there, but still awesome necklace to draw attention to the bustline, but not take away from anything.

I know you are getting short on time, but White Aisle Jewelry (online)... link... http://www.whiteaisle.com/earrings_updated.htm
    has some gorgeous earrings and they are pretty reasonably priced.
    Miss Mrs. New & Improved Blog Chart
    Online Garage Sale
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
    monica & kevin married 5.28.11
    bfp 8.11.11 - m/c 8.17.11
    bfp 11.11.11 - edd 7.25.12
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • sbolger17sbolger17 member
    edited December 2011
    I think the other ladies are right on target.  Gorgeous dress!
    Anniversary
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards