Minnesota-Minneapolis and St. Paul

Date set, venue booked!

Hi!

Im rather new here as we just got engaged on new years eve.  Ive been doing a ton of research and starting to get ideas as we are starting to plan everything.  We just booked the profile event center today for next january and Im so happy to have the biggest decision out of the way!  i feel like there is so much to do in the next year, but on the other hand i feel like i have all the time in the world.  Is it bad that the next big thing on my to do list is finding a dress or is there something more important i should be focusing on at this point?

Re: Date set, venue booked!

• I'd say get your guest list mostly finalized before you worry about the dress if you haven't done that already.  (which is fun and something to definitely look forward to!!)

AFter that, I agree with pps - get your major vendors booked next.  DJ, photog, videographer if you're doing that, etc.  After that, it is all details and that isn't quite as important!
  • edited January 2012
    Thanks ladies! 
    I actually have a information for a few photographers, just looking a little more to see what else is out there so that's in the back of my mind. 

I think I'm going to go with the PEC's DJ, I am assuming they'll be familiar with the system which will probably make it a little easier - has anyone used any outside DJs at PEC - what was the experience like?

We have a rough guest list done already, just need to fill in addresses, I felt we had to do this before finding a venue so I knew how many people we'd have to plan for - we are both from huge families (I have 4 siblings, he has 3, between all of our parents, they have about 30 siblings - and we have both tons of cousins...eeeek!)

I'm sure it'll all come together, just need to keep making baby steps forward.
  • I'm getting married at PEC next January too!! What day/hall??
  • the 19th, in the Diamond hall, what about you?
  • I'm using an outside DJ but my wedding is after yours so I won't be able to tell ya how it goes, haha. Heather made it sound like all they have to do is plug in and go. I think I'll see if my DJ can go down there sometime and check it out just to be sure.

I feel ya on the cousins thing. My parents have 5 and 4 siblings, I have 4 cousins on one side (plus 2 kids), 5 on the other (plus 2 kids). FI's mom I think has 3 or 4 siblings? But his dad has 12.. most of which have lots of kids, and THEY have lots of kids so FI has like 80 some cousins, haha. He doesn't know most of them so he's probably just going to invite aunts and uncles and not their kids so the guest list doesn't get too crazy.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    March 2013 March siggy challenge - wedding preview
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Follow Me on Pinterest
    Planning Bio
  • I have heard wonderful things about PEC!
    Halloween
  • January 18th in Casablanca! :) I'm also wondering about the DJ, I was thinking about using in house since we (in January) get 25% off everything above the minimum! Love that deal! 
  • Cackle6Cackle6 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited January 2012
    Whooohooo Diamond Hall! Our is May 26th of this year. I can't wait! Congrats on picking an awesome venue! :-D

And I seriously wanted to try dresses on the week we got engaged! I had to wait a month so I could go with my mom, and it was really really hard for me! :) So no, it's not bad that it's the next big thing on your list. :) I had so much fun dress shopping, I wish I could do it all over again!
  • that's awesome :) January brides are awesome! ;)
  • Jan 19th is our tentative date (still looking for a venue) , I'm holding off on dress shopping a little while because I'm hoping to loose a little weight before I try stuff on. But I think the venue and the dress are two of the biggest tone setters for the day, so it makes sense to get them done first. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    Visit The Knot!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards