Wedding Etiquette Forum

Can I have three Matron's of Honor???

Hi Everyone!  I just got engaged on Sunday (YAY!). Laughing He proposed on the scoreboard at the Oakland A's/Red Sox game.  :)  It was so cool!  Anyway...on to my question.  I have a sister I am very close to that I would like to be my MOH.  I also want my best friend to my MOH.  Lastly, I would like my other best friend (since birth) who lives across the country to be a MOH as well.  I was engaged once before and asked one of my BF's to be the MOH & asked my sister to be a BM.  This didn't go over so well.  How do I handle this without hurting anyone's feelings?  Thanks  in advance for your help!
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Can I have three Matron's of Honor???

• Wait a few months into your engagement to worry about your bridal party. Depending on how long your engagement is, those relationships might change. Once you ask someone, you're pretty much stuck with them unless you don't care about ending the friendship. Take a while to really consider who you want standing up with you and don't jump the gun on asking.

But to answer your question, yes, you can have three MOH's.
    Whatever you hatters be hattin. -Tay Prince
  • Just make them all equal bridesmaids and don't have a MOH. OR pick the one with whom you're closest. You can't really be 100% equally close to all three.
  • You can have 3 MOHs, or no MOH and make them all BMs.

However, you have time to select your BP. As PP said, wait a few months and let everything sink in. Then, after you've had time to think and plan a bit, ask your attendants.
    **i'm a little drunk on you and high on summertime** Photobucket
  • You can have 3 MsOH, 3 BMs or 1 MOH, 1 BM and 1 Queen of England.  They're just titles.
    ttc chart
    BFP 8/01/12, EDD 04/10/12, mm/c @ 6wks, discovered at 8wks, D&C 9/05/12
  • First:  PP poster is right and you should wait to ask people!  Wait until you have the wedding planned. So many brides end up changing their plans and then regretting who they asked.

yeah, and I also think having 3 MOHs is a little strange, especially if you have no bridesmaids.  If that is the case, I'd just call them all bridesmaids.  Or if you are having other bridesmaids, how many?  It would also be strange to have 3 MOHs and just 1 BM, or even 2 BMs.  I'd just pick your sister at MOH and then have your friends be BMs.
  • I have been to weddings where there are Maids of Honor and Best Men, no one singled out. I personally am always going to be closer to my sister than even my best friend, so I went with her for MOH. Totally up to you though.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_can-three-matrons-of-honor?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:c2a403b2-5575-4fc9-878a-e96dd4093e36Post:54c05e0e-927d-4680-b02f-24820902fc24">Re: Can I have three Matron's of Honor???</a>:
    [QUOTE]You can have 3 MsOH, 3 BMs or 1 MOH, 1 BM and 1 Queen of England.  They're just titles.
    Posted by FutureMrsTR[/QUOTE]
    Exactly. My girls' titles are Mount Rose American Teen Princess (I'll give you a cookie if you can name this movie), Red Squirrel, Berlin, Jello Pudding, and Crotchpheasant.
  • MattsPenguinMattsPenguin member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited September 2010
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_can-three-matrons-of-honor?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:9Discussion:c2a403b2-5575-4fc9-878a-e96dd4093e36Post:3ad806aa-7b23-426d-b83f-c58045941108">Re: Can I have three Matron's of Honor???</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Can I have three Matron's of Honor??? : Exactly. My girls' titles are Mount Rose American Teen Princess (I'll give you a cookie if you can name this movie), Red Squirrel, Berlin, Jello Pudding, and Crotchpheasant.
    Posted by laurenclaire1386[/QUOTE]

AIRPORT HO JO!!

Name and spell all of the states in alphabetical order.
    Seriously?

I freaking love that movie!

ETA:  Don't you love Amy Adams in that movie!?!
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_can-three-matrons-of-honor?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:c2a403b2-5575-4fc9-878a-e96dd4093e36Post:28ad1813-5bb9-4c19-9276-82277c3184ca">Re: Can I have three Matron's of Honor???</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Can I have three Matron's of Honor??? : AIRPORT HO JO!! I freaking love that movie!
    Posted by MattsPenguin[/QUOTE]
    PETE'S GAY MOM! GAAAAAAAAAAY! That's the best part of the movie, I swear. God, Brittany Murphy really was funny when she tried.
  • I think my favorite parts are with Hank (like when his overalls are stuck in the truck or "Close up shop! Close up shop!"

and Alison Janney is hysterical.
  • Depending on how long your engagement is, those relationships might change.

word. you know the only person you can really depend on? your mom.
  • lala, not always true. My grandma used to be a no-good drunk, and my mom couldn't depend on her at all. She's still adrunk, but at this point, they're (my mom and her siblings) taking care of her.
  • I think having 3 MOHs is fine if you are having BMs as well.
    I had two MOHs (my sisters) since I am incredibly close to both of them.  I also had 6 BMs.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_can-three-matrons-of-honor?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:c2a403b2-5575-4fc9-878a-e96dd4093e36Post:6eeec763-8035-4e45-8e8a-f83da9637881">Re: Can I have three Matron's of Honor???</a>:
    [QUOTE]lala, not always true. My grandma used to be a no-good drunk, and my mom couldn't depend on her at all. She's still adrunk, but at this point, they're (my mom and her siblings) taking care of her.
    Posted by georgia_bride09[/QUOTE]
    aww, we should talk about this. over alcohol.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_can-three-matrons-of-honor?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:9Discussion:c2a403b2-5575-4fc9-878a-e96dd4093e36Post:e7755d24-6a92-4ae8-9a28-c2e298746d66">Re: Can I have three Matron's of Honor???</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Can I have three Matron's of Honor??? : aww, we should talk about this. over alcohol.
    Posted by laladypoet[/QUOTE]

Harsh yo.
  • whatevs. georgia knows I like to get her drunk and take her pants off.
  • Sorry, fresh out of pork swords.
  • please. I know you have decoy pork swords.
  • I only have ONE and you need to give it 18 years and 4 months before you start messing with it.
  • Personally, I'd just have 3 bridesmaids and call it a day.

Wait, that's what I did.  No MOH for me. 
    DIY & Planning | Married 

Married: 2010
    Mom to J: 2011
    Mom to H: 2014

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Dresses may be easier to take in than let out, but guest lists are not. -- kate51485
  • Yes; I have to Maidtron of Honors and one Maid of honor!!! There are 8 girls all together. He has 5 guys.  The wedding is about 120-150 ppl.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards