Not Engaged Yet

Shoes, pls

Hi there,

I have finally settled on a dress for the Christmas party, largely because this cannot be returned. I got it at the Jessica McClintock outlet for $60. Yay.

I wanted glitter shoes, and tried on a ton. They're mostly all too high for me to wear, as I'll have to stand for quite some time. I bought these, but when I tried them again tonight, even with inserts they were uncomfortable. I also think they're a little too high for the dress. But gosh, they're pretty. (I like that they're pewter rather than silver.)

So looking through my closet, the only appropriate shoes I have are these. The plus sides: no additional cost, and they're reasonably comfortable. On the downside, they aren't that exciting. I thought I'd be able to find the photo online, but not quite. These are pretty close, though.

I do have one other pair I might revisit. I saw these at DSW, but I'm between sizes. I could probably add enough padding to make the 7.5 fit.
http://www.dsw.com/shoe/madden+girl+getta+glitter+pump?prodId=dsw12prod3760001&productRef=SEARCH

If you feel like shopping and would like to make suggestions, I will welcome them. Here are my guidelines:
*Under $50
*No more than 4" total height, no more than 3.25" net heel (e.g. 4" with a 3/4" platform is okay). Most of the ones I've seen are about 4.5" with a 1" platform, and they're just too uncomfortable.
*I usually wear size 7.5

Re: Shoes, pls

• I just want to say I love the first pair. What a shame they are too uncomfortable. I'm on mobile so I'm no help. Have you checked 6pm.com yet?
    --------------------------------------------------------------

"You're our early 20's BSC scarecrow. They cower at your maturity." - lennonkdc Anniversary
  • I like that first pair but they look like pain for my feet. I like the second pair you have and bonus they are free since you already have them. Since your dress is long will people be able to see your shoes? If not, then wear what you have and save the money.
    DIStickers.com Ticker
  • I love the sparkly shoes, too bad they are uncomfortable.  I think the other ones you have world work fine as well.

Anniversary

• I'm just chiming in to say that the dress is gorgeous, but I'm not accepting a picture of it on the hanger.  Put it on for us, woman.

• Honestly, it's a full length dress, so shoes don't matter THAT much.

Those shoes are fine...and free.  So, I'd use some awesome statement necklace or earrings and save the money on the shoes.

Wow, I can't believe I just said that.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_shoes-pls?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:f2c7669f-9022-433a-ae1f-525d6975f529Post:0d8dd892-674a-4f35-a850-483bff80986b">Re: Shoes, pls</a>:
    [QUOTE]Honestly, it's a full length dress, so shoes don't matter THAT much. Those shoes are fine...and free.  So, I'd use some awesome statement necklace or earrings and save the money on the shoes. Wow, I can't believe I just said that.
    Posted by loves2shop4shoes[/QUOTE]

<div>What shoes said... or the fourth link in Buggle's first post (that isn't confusing, is it?) </div><div>
    </div><div>And yes, show us that dress on you!</div>
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

"You are made of win." -SopChick
    Still here and still fabulous!

• Wow, Shoes, are you feeling ok? I do have a statement necklace. I can finally wear the Swarovski necklace H got me for Christmas last year. You make a good point, but I love me some new shoes. At least I know I have a solid plan B. I'll try to take a picture, but it won't be soon. Maybe tomorrow if I have time.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards