April 2014 Weddings

**Beware of your registery!**

Hi all,
I wanted to give a heads up to my fellow February brides. I got a shocking phone call from my Mom last night. Apparently she went to Macy's and they were completly out of several of our registry items including our dishes, flatware and glasses. I was shocked! My Mom said there were bare shelves all over the store.
Apparently in anticipation of a bad Holiday shopping season retailers did not stock their shelves like they normally would. They are also not in a hurry to re-stock either. When my Mom talked to a Sales Associate she said they weren't even doing inventory for another week.
I had previously read some news articles that late Holiday shoppers were finding bare shelves but it didn't even occur to me to think about our registry.
I realize this may be different for each retailer, but you may want to physically go into the store(s) and check it out.
We are going tonight to practically re-do our registry a month before the wedding! Frown

Re: **Beware of your registery!**

• Does that affect going online to buy things off the registry?  We're also registered at Macy's but I haven't been there recently to see what their stock looks like.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I'm not sure if includes online. Sadly the dinnerware pattern we chose was in-store only. We had to choose a new pattern. To be safe I also chose replacements for many of the other things out of stock in the store. I would just say keep an eye out. In my situation, I know many of our friends and family aren't really online shoppers. I was afraid we would likely wind up getting only what was in store which wasn't much. On my local board, a girl that works for Macy's in the registry Dept. suggested calling the store and talking to the registry dept. She said they can likely help wth what you should do.
  • we are registered at target and I got the same email. The only thing on ours was the bathroom rugs. I have had my shower and we got a good amount of stuff even with the few things not being available. The only thing we didn't get was sheets, which I'm hoping we will get later. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards