Chit Chat

The Knot iPhone App

Now I assume since like most Apple Apps that this will work on any Apple device, i.e. iPod, iPad, iPhone. I was looking at downloading it to my iPod, but I wanted to know if anyone here has used it or does use it? If so is it worth downloading? I know sometimes these Apps really aren't that great or worth the effort.

Re: The Knot iPhone App

• I have no idea on their app, but TK isn't knowing for being 100% reliable when it comes to technology. The majority of the website can be glitchy, and that's why I didn't even bother downloading it.
    Maybe someone will chime in that has actually used it.
  • Hmmm, a while back I clicked on the ad while on my iPhone... When it took me to the AppStore, it was only available for iPads. Ticked me off, so I haven't looked into it since.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Just looked at the reviews... Ew, waste of time IMHO.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Glad I asked, I mean I would love to get it but only if it was worth it.
  • That really is a shame because it would be so nice and helpful to all of us an soon to be brides. They should work on it!!
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_chit-chat_the-knot-iphone-app?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:14Discussion:6dacb2e9-dffc-4b83-8b5e-ed7cca0d9b68Post:90e6d6bf-44e4-4dbc-9b4c-033af7fdd2e9">Re: The Knot iPhone App</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: The Knot iPhone App : There are so many more important things the knot needs to work on first and won't.  Don't hold your breath for a fix. I have to ask, though, is the knot like Crack?  Why do you need access to it on the go?
    Posted by LingerLonger1[/QUOTE]

Well I would hope there are different departments so that they could work on things at multiple times.

As for "crack" no its just nice to have it on the go if you can not get to a computer. Like if you think  of something or have a break at work, see for me not always do I have free time where I can actually sit in front of a computer, instead I usually am traveling somewhere or out and have random times I can access the internet with my mobile devices. So that why it would be nice.
  • I don't think your getting the point of what I am saying, I don't need it 24/7, I am saying that when I am out and would like to be on it while on the go it would be nice to have it. And no my phone is not the greatest at times so opening it on my phone doesn't work too well. More to the point I was simply asking if anyone knew if it was worth downloading, not if I NEED it, just wanted thoughts on it.
  • No I get yours, you don't see the absolute need of having it at all times, because it keeps you sucked into the virtual world instead of being out and among the "living." Which I agree with, I just thought it was nice to have the option if it was a working one, which it seems it is not.
  • LeguLegu member
    5 Love Its Name Dropper First Anniversary First Comment
    I have the app. It's okay if you're using the Knot for planning... You can access all your pictures, budget, registry, and stuff. You can not get on the forums. The favourite categories and pick categories are wildly reduced. I lived on it for the first few weeks... Now I spend all my time on the forums instead of the planning tools so I barely go on it. It's free, why not just get it anyway an see if you like it?
    So, maybe things don't always go as planned... Maybe that's okay. I may be alone for now, but my baby boy is on his way, and I wouldn't change a thing.
  • LeguLegu member
    5 Love Its Name Dropper First Anniversary First Comment
    I can't get on the forums* Strange... I definitely can't see how to get on the forums via the app... At all. The choices I have are: "to do's" and "budget" on the front above my [limited] picks, then I have "checklist", "budgeter", "favourites", "picks", "vendors", "registry", "dress galleries" and "photo galleries". That's it...
    So, maybe things don't always go as planned... Maybe that's okay. I may be alone for now, but my baby boy is on his way, and I wouldn't change a thing.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards