Texas-Dallas and Ft. Worth
Options

Hotels

I think this may have been discussed before, but I have googled, searched through all of the hotels on the hotel finder websites, and tried the search function but still can't find what I'm looking for. I thought there used to be more on the vendor list too but there's not.

So, what hotel are you planning on using / used for your reservation block for your guests? Also, if you feel comfortable listing it, what is the rate per night?

I'm trying to find nicer/unique hotels near Downtown Dallas, hopefully for less than $150/night. I know that might be hard to find, but any advice is welcome!

I've checked out Hotel Indigo, Warwick and Aloft Hotel. Anyone know of any more?
Thanks!!
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Re: Hotels

• Options
    MissSpreeMissSpree member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    The big hotel with the ball on top that is the restraunt is the hyatt regency and recently our church got a block from there for 99 per night. they have alot to do at the hotel
  • Options
    edited December 2011

My parent's are actually working on that now. I was thinking (and it's not in Dallas but they may have another location in Dallas) the Embassy Suites since they offer free shuttle service to the Piazza. I've sent off information but haven't recieved it yet.

Also in Grapevine, off 114 and Main Street there are two hotels. One is a Holiday Inn Express and the other is a Hilton. We will probablly go to the Holiday Inn today. I know they do offer a shuttle service within 5 miles so thats a plus. The rates that my dad was told was 89-109 I think. We don't know the Hilton though. The Holiday Inn though is really nice (and new!).

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Our block at the Magnolia on Valentines weekend is $109 for a standard room/$149 for suites. Includes breakfast too.
    ~DFWs Resident Snark~
    I'm not so good with the advice... Can I interest you in a sarcastic comment?
  • Options
    dianaslikdianaslik member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I've heard good things about Belmont.
    It's in Dallas and supposed to be cool/unique.
  • Options
    courtski2004courtski2004 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    For our company Christmas party at The Fairmont, the block was for $99/night. I think the normal nightly rate is around $150, possibly more. The down side is that parking is $22/night, free if you drive a hybrid.
    If you haven't already, check out hotelplanner.com and put in the parameters of what you're looking for. Hotels will bid against eachother for your business, and it is really easy to use--thats how I was able to find the hotels for our block without doing all the legwork. HTH!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Not downtown but we're using the Westin in the Galleria. We thought it'd be nice for the guests to have the mall for entertainment and there's a nice rooftop pool. I want to say the rate is $129, and the other nice thing is that guests can park in the mall parking for free if they don't want to hassle with valet.
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Thanks you guys! I was thinking some of these (like the Magnolia) were too expensive for us just because the regular listing was over $200. I need to check on room blocks, that might put a lot of nice hotels in our price range!

Court- I did that a while ago, and I got a ton that weren't very close & a lot that looked run down. I'll try it again though.
  • Options
    courtski2004courtski2004 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_texas-dallas-ft-worth_hotels-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:102Discussion:530baf85-5651-4129-b6ba-3add117858e6Post:79da5b86-1e91-4220-99ed-b435c8533c5a">Re: Hotels</a>:
    [QUOTE]Court- I did that a while ago, and I got a ton that weren't very close & a lot that looked run down. I'll try it again though.
    Posted by TexanTreasure08[/QUOTE]

That was the part I hated about hotelplanner!! Hotels in Arlington & FTW were placing bids for my Addison listing, when I made sure that they knew that proximity to the venue was of 'high' importance. :(
  • Options
    juliebug1997juliebug1997 member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We got a hotel block for $99 at the Doubletree Campbell Center.  It's at Caruth Haven and Central so pretty close to Downtown.  It's a great hotel and they remodeled/updated within the past two years. 
  • Options
    MLandCJMLandCJ member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_texas-dallas-ft-worth_hotels-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:102Discussion:530baf85-5651-4129-b6ba-3add117858e6Post:27c77f44-58e6-41e2-8124-d28099124f75">Re: Hotels</a>:
    [QUOTE]For our company Christmas party at The Fairmont, the block was for $99/night. I think the normal nightly rate is around $150, possibly more. The down side is that parking is $22/night, free if you drive a hybrid. If you haven't already, check out hotelplanner.com and put in the parameters of what you're looking for. Hotels will bid against eachother for your business, and it is really easy to use--thats how I was able to find the hotels for our block without doing all the legwork. HTH!
    Posted by courtski2004[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the tip! I was about to ask how people figure all this stuff out :) I'm excited to try it out.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We stayed at Hotel Indigo for our "mini-moon" and it was only $89/night for a suite and it was a very nice room!  Parking is $20/day for valet but its unlimited in/out or they have self parking.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    msealemseale member
    First Comment First Anniversary
    edited December 2011

Our wedding block was at the Warwick Melrose.  I can't say enough great things about that hotel.  I think the rate was $120/night.  But it was August which is slow for the hotel industry.  DH's company had their Christmas party at the Ritz Carlton downtown, and they had rooms for $159/night.  May want to see what they are offering.  It was a beautiful hotel.

Our last sunset in Hawaii...
    Michelle & Michael
    Married - August '10
    TTC - Since September 2011
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards