California-Bay Area
Options

Need seamstress recommendation to custom make town (east bay preferred)

Can anyone recommend a good seamstress in the bay area who will work with me to custom make a dress based on a photo? I found the perfect dress but the photo is old and I don't think the dress exists anymore... and even if it does I don't know the designer. I also need a higher neckline than the original gown anyway.

Soooo... I need to build this dress from scratch. Know anyone who can do that?  East bay preferred, especially Tri-Valley...but open to other areas for a seamstress who can do a great job!

Thanks

Re: Need seamstress recommendation to custom make town (east bay preferred)

• Options
    starmamastarmama member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm thinking of doing the same thing, and I'm also in the East Bay.  Haven't found anyone to try in the East Bay, but I'm considering this woman who has rave reviews (all 5 stars) on Yelp for making wedding dresses from scratch:
    You might try a similar search in the East Bay on Yelp, if SF is too far to travel.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I wanted to suggest Margene's Bridal on Grand Ave. in Oakland.  i found the perfect wedding dress for me but it was an evening gown that was only available in black.  I bought the fabric and they made the dress.  Now, I was able to buy the original dress and they copied it so I'm not sure how well they can work from a picture but give them a try.  They were very helpful, supportive through the fittings and reasonably priced.  Good luck
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards