Hawaii

Please take a look at our Honeymoon regisery & tell me what you think

Re: Please take a look at our Honeymoon regisery & tell me what you think

• AKWinterBrideAKWinterBride member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    First, you and your FI are so cute!  I love the picture that greets people, so, so cute! 
    Second, your registry looks great!  You guys are going to have an amazing time!
    Photobucket Photobucket Anniversary
  • kimmykupcakeskimmykupcakes member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks, AK! That picture was taken of us at a tiki bar in the Bay Area. The clothes we are wearing are actually a 1960's Hawaiian princess wedding set. I found the shirt for him in Florida and then about a year later I found the dress here in Portland. We are going to be doing our engagement photos in Bay Area and have arrangements to do some of our photos at that bar. I'm glad you like the registry. I always appreciate having others feedback.
  • edited December 2011
    That is such a neat idea. I think you got all the activites covered. It'll be exciting to see what people may choose for you two to do. Sea horse farm, who knew they had such a thing?! Too cute.
  • edited December 2011
    Love it! I got an email today from the knot about this travelersjoy site and it made me wonder whether we should do a honeymoon registry. Do you know if they deduct any fees?

I've had some old fashion coworkers whine to me about how tacky they think honeymoon registries are -which discouraged me. I completely understand what it's like though when you already have all the kitchen gadgets and linens you need, my FI and I have been together about 10 years and bought a house together in 06 so we're mostly wanting lowe's & home depot cards for remodeling...but now your site is making me want a honeymoon registry too! :)
  • kimmykupcakeskimmykupcakes member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    For us, it was the smart thing to do.  We don't need anything.  In fact, we have been going through all of our stuff because we have too much.  Took 3 loads to the Goodwill and working on a 4th.  I'd rather have some people whine that it's tacky then get a bunch of junk I don't need or want.  I didn't do it to make other's happy.  I did it because that's what FI and I wanted.  

There are fees involved, but it's small. This site has the lowest fees.  Most of the sites have the person getting the gift pay the fees.  This site has you the couple pay the fees.  We didn't like asking our guests to pay a fee to be able to give us a gift.  Maybe that's what your co-workers think is tacky.  Anyway, I recommend checking it out.  Who cares what others think!  It's about what makes you and FI happy!

I can't wait to go to the seahorse farm! They better keep a close eye on me or I might stick one in my purse! heh heh
  • edited December 2011
    Re: Fees.

www.honeyfund.com doesn't have any fees.  They ask guests to send money via cash or check instead.  It's what we chose.  I think there is a link to a honeymoon registry comparison on the Maui Planning site, under MISC.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards