• Images
  • Text
  • Find a Couple + Registry
GO
October 2011 Weddings

Confession Thursday

Yes, I'm stealing threads off of E...but we need to keep our board ALIVE...this is a good way to do it.  :)  Any objections?

-I'm groggy today because I took sleeping pills last night.  The stress from no job, etc. is really effecting my sleep and it's a Catch 22 for me.  If I don't sleep, I'm cranky, if I do sleep (with pills) I'm groggy and feel like a zombie.  :-P

-I have a crapload of student loans that are coming due which is not helping my stress level.  I can't pay them...so I'm actually considering some drastic financial measures to take care of them... But I also kind of want to finish school which would defer them too.... STUDENT LOANS SUCK!

-I haven't done anything WR hardly lately...just don't feel up to it.  Can you tell I'm a little down lately?

Re: Confession Thursday

• No objections!! lol

My Confession- just worried about my mom's health,it's not bad but I worry about her she lives in California so it's not like I see her frequently  and even thought we talk often I miss her so much and I just want her to be healthy as a horse.

I'm getting excited about going back home in October for my cousins wedding and of course to spend time with my family !!

*Kristy*(future mrs) sorry to hear about all your stress I hope good things start happening for you,and I agree sleeping pills SUCK!!!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Thank you lat, I appreciate that.  :)  Sorry to hear about your mom.
  • Well trying to plan for a wedding while trying to finish the last two quarter or school (gradute in June) and then thinking about how I won't have insurance anymore and student loans will come due in December to start paying. FI is finished in March with school then his student loans come due in October. UGH It is very stressful and my job is not going to cut it with paying all these bills. Good thing is that my car will be paid off in June.
  • Hi guys. 
    future-mrs:  Good idea! 
    To all of you, I'm sorry to hear that you're going through stressful things.   Hopefully this is a dip before a great upswing.

Anniversary
  • future-mrs,

Things will get better.  My FI is like you, when he is stressed, he cannot go to sleep at all, while me on the other hand the more stressed I am the faster I go to sleep and want to stay asleep.  It drives him crazy!!  Student loans do suck!!!!  Thankfully, mine are deferred because I am in school, so we only have his to pay for.  But a couple months back, we were paying both of our student loan and it is a nightmare on one person's salary.  I am so glad, they deferred mine, without me asking for it. 

Also, regarding the student loan, I don't know what are your drastic measure.  But if you call lender ahead of time and tell them of your situation before deferment finishes, I think they can either extend your deferment or lower your monthly payment until you get on your feet.  Because their main goal is to get paid, which means now or in the future.  I had a friend who did this when she didn't have a job, and they told her that she should have called earlier, she ignored the payments for a couple of months. 

Remember, everything will be allright, you have a right to be down, but dont' forget  the upside.  You have your health, your FI and family and the rest will fall in place eventually.  Or at least that is what I tell myself and FI to put everything in perspective  Smile
  • Ana:
    That's great that your visting Cali for the wedding and you will see your mom!!  I hope your mom gets better.

Nikki:
    Congrats on the graduation, it is sooo close.  I know I worried about the same things when I graduated, but it is manageable and less daunting than it seems.  Hey at least one less bill to pay with the car being paid off. 

Kee:
    I completely understand wanting a personal day, it has not been the best week for most of us. I know I can use one I am running on empty here.  I am in the same boat as you about the ring, I am tired of waiting for my ring, but I know it is for a reason, but it gets hard being rational.  But we will both manage.  LOL.

Mel:
    I agree with you completely.  What goes up must come down and go back up again.  :) 

Wow I did not know I would fall so much behind if I didn't go on the knot last night. Laughing

• HinajHinaj member
    1000 Comments
    edited February 2010
    Btw, Great Idea future mrs!

I am going back for my second bachelor in Bio so I can pursue medicine (I hope) and we are giving it till end of this year to figure out if I can do this or not.  I am so afraid of failure and I am scared of screwing up.  I want a better job that pays me more so I can save for my wedding.  Also, I am coming to realize that we will have to push the wedding to 2012 or 2013 and I don't want to think about it.  And I am sooo tired and my FI is right that I have too much on my plate, but I don't know how to fix that.  Working full time, school full time in the evenings and weekend and I also am taking an MCAT prep course on Sundays.  I also have to schedule my MCAT exam date, but I am afraid of committing to it because what if I don't do well?  I have no down days and I keep thinking one of these days I am going to have a major melt down.    Venting does make me feel better. 

Oh did I tell you guys, He is SERIOUS about a move to Houston, TX or actually any souther states from FL to TX and he wants to do this by the end of the year and buy a place there.  There is just too many things to process in my tiny brain. 

I haven't done anything WR either, not as much as I want to.  There is no time or the money to do it and I keep thinking that if it is going to be moved and be so far away.  What's the point?
  • Hinaj- Thank you for that.  It's amazing how a little message (from a somewhat stranger although I'm getting to know most of you) can make one feel better.  I am making phone calls and whatnot to hopefully work out my student loans just stressful. 

Congrats on the possible move...FI's dad lives in TX so who knows.  You move there and we go to visit we could have a TK G2G  YAYAYAY!  That would be awesome.
  • all of you are so sweet, I was just thinking how were confessing things to one another and we have never met  but yet it's so comforting to know that we all have things that bum us out and we can talk/vent with each other,sometimes going to other boards I see other knotties dogging each other when their just asking for advice and I think that's awful and I come back to this board and think that we have an awesome group on ladies !! 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_october-2011-weddings_confession-thursday?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:650Discussion:eb49737b-2336-48ca-af63-4fdca956652fPost:20d67acf-c639-4454-91d4-4adb92520b64">Re: Confession Thursday</a>:
    [QUOTE]Btw, Great Idea future mrs! I am going back for my second bachelor in Bio so I can pursue medicine (I hope) and we are giving it till end of this year to figure out if I can do this or not.  I am so afraid of failure and I am scared of screwing up.  I want a better job that pays me more so I can save for my wedding.  Also, I am coming to realize that we will have to push the wedding to 2012 or 2013 and I don't want to think about it.  And I am sooo tired and my FI is right that I have too much on my plate, but I don't know how to fix that.  Working full time, school full time in the evenings and weekend and I also am taking an MCAT prep course on Sundays.  I also have to schedule my MCAT exam date, but I am afraid of committing to it because what if I don't do well?  I have no down days and I keep thinking one of these days I am going to have a major melt down.    Venting does make me feel better.  Oh did I tell you guys, He is SERIOUS about a move to Houston, TX or actually any souther states from FL to TX and he wants to do this by the end of the year and buy a place there.  There is just too many things to process in my tiny brain.  I haven't done anything WR either, not as much as I want to.  There is no time or the money to do it and I keep thinking that if it is going to be moved and be so far away.  What's the point?
    Posted by Hinaj[/QUOTE]

Hinaj, will you be moving out there before or after the wedding?
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Ana, He wants to move by the end of the year or possibly early 2011.  We will get the house in Houston.  But I don't think we are changing the wedding venue from Chicago because we both grew up here and met and fell in love here.  So it has sentimental values.  I don't know so far.  I wouldn't want to.  Although, I am afraid that I will be right in school during that time and I don't know if I want to leave right in the middle and transfer in the middle.  I have been looking at scheduling and there is no way I finish till  2012 and most of the school I want to go for, for my master are on the east coast.  I have no idea how this whole thing will work out.  More problems than solution, if you ask me. 
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_october-2011-weddings_confession-thursday?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:650Discussion:eb49737b-2336-48ca-af63-4fdca956652fPost:2fb10fc3-3f14-4bd2-bc0a-5ac2fe578b69">Re: Confession Thursday</a>:
    [QUOTE]Hinaj- Thank you for that.  It's amazing how a little message (from a somewhat stranger although I'm getting to know most of you) can make one feel better.  I am making phone calls and whatnot to hopefully work out my student loans just stressful.  Congrats on the possible move...FI's dad lives in TX so who knows.  You move there and we go to visit we could have a TK G2G  YAYAYAY!  That would be awesome.
    Posted by future-mrs[/QUOTE]

I completely agree with you you and Ana!!  It does make me feel better to come vent about wedding and non wedding related stuff.  Don't take this the wrong way, but I feel better knowing I am not the only one having problems and are in the same boat.  I guess misery does love company and I am glad its you guys. LOL. 
  • Hinaj,
    I don't blame you for wanting to get married anywhere else but in Chicago that's where the two of you met and it's special to both of you. I know it's easy for me to tell you to just breath and take it one day at a time but it does help,whatever you decide to do will be for the best,Good Luck I'm sure it will all work out. :D
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Thanks Ana!! I know it will, but I just don't want the stress of even thinking about it.  I am breaking out like crazy on my face because of all the stress.  I don't think I had this bad of acne when I was a teenager.  Arrgggghhh...which pisses me off more. 
  • acne sucks, adult acne sucks even more,hopefully a night out and a glass a wine will help you out even if it's for a little while ,enjoy .

Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards