Louisiana-Baton Rouge

Trash The Dress- PIP

Hey! I know I haven't posted much since my wedding, but I wanted to share this with you all. Here are a few pics from my Trash-the-Dress shoot! Photos by Debbie WIlliams Photography (<---link) and hair/makeup by Verde Beauty Studio (<---link). Location: Downtown Baton Rouge

It doesn't seem like trash-the-dress is very common here, but I had SO MUCH FUN! My husband came along, although he's too chicken to get wet. John, my photographer, was fantastic and had some great ideas. We've worked with him since our engagement photos and all the way through the wedding, and finally for trashing my dress. We certainly plan to call them for any future pro photography needs!

Tina with Verde Beauty Studio was THRILLED to help me with hair and makeup for this. I was so happy that she was able to do both subtle and traditional for my wedding hair and makeup, and then dramatic and fun for the trash-the-dress. She really understood what I was going for and her talents are very versatile.

I hope you guys enjoy these pics, and maybe it will spark some interest in TTD around the area- honestly, it is a wonderful and unique memory and I am so glad I did it! Laughing
Anniversary

Re: Trash The Dress- PIP

• SE+MBSE+MB member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks SO much for the pictures. I have LOVED the idea of a TTD shoot since I've seen it. When I bring it up to my friends, I always get the side-eye. They think it's stupid to ruin a dress that I spend $1,500 on. I really, really, really want to do this. I want to go all out a bring paints into the picture and literally wreck my dress. I don't know if I can actually do it though.

Thanks again for the pictures. I love the purple! That's our main wedding color. :)
  • SE+MBSE+MB member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Quick question; I saw you had fans in your bio from your ceremony. Where did you find these and about how much did they cost? We are getting married outside at 1:30 P.M. in May so I know it will be warm. Were they used by guests?
  • edited December 2011
    Don't let other people talk you out of it- I thought long and hard before deciding to do this and it was really RIGHT for me. I don't regret it at all!

If you're interested, I wrote a blog entry about my thoughts on other folks' arguments: http://jeanetc.wordpress.com/2010/10/26/trashing-the-drama/

Honestly, if it's something you really want to do, then do it! I am donating my old prom dresses to the Cinderella Project and my wedding gown actually survived the water (it's taffeta), so I am seriously considering paying to get it cleaned and then donating it to charity, too.

Whatever other folks' arguments are, this is something you do for YOU, not for anyone else. Their reasoning doesn't really figure into the equation.
    Anniversary
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_louisiana-baton-rouge_trash-dress-pip?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:83Discussion:f5a7ea8a-a02c-465d-8be5-186a32ea3b86Post:9a6f29c5-7ec4-4b34-ae7d-65c5d0123324">Re: Trash The Dress- PIP</a>:
    [QUOTE]Quick question; I saw you had fans in your bio from your ceremony. Where did you find these and about how much did they cost? We are getting married outside at 1:30 P.M. in May so I know it will be warm. Were they used by guests?
    Posted by SE+MB[/QUOTE]

The fans were from <a href="http://www.weddingfavorites.com" rel='nofollow'>www.weddingfavorites.com</a> - Sandalwood Fans. I think they were on sale for about 89 cents a piece. They were PERFECT for my early June wedding. I think a few guests did use them, and of course they made great favors!
    I got ribbon in our wedding colors at Wal-Mart for 40 cents per roll and had little tags with the quote "Sometimes, right in the middle of an ordinary life, love gives you a fairy tale."

I loved them.
    Anniversary
  • SE+MBSE+MB member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks. I'll look at your blog. I appreciate your advice.
  • KtinagrlKtinagrl member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    www.madtightphotography.com of Baton Rouge was actually featured in Orlando Wedding Magazine's Trash the Dress feature for a TTD shoot there:

http://www.orlandomagazine.com/Blogs/The-Bridal-Blog/December-2010/Trashy-Photo-Op/
  • Thank goodness you posted about this- I havent found much.  I am eloping in Bora Bora and would love to do the Trash the Dress pics but get my dress cleaned and wear at our reception we plan on having when we return.  Do you think my dress would survive?

Thanks!  Any info appreciated!

Eleanor
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards