New York

Affordable all inclusive locations?

Alright, I know I've posted quite a bit about Pratts falls, DIY catering etc. But there has been a change of plans! We had planned on May 20th, but FI will be in California for the entire month of May, so that's a no go. When we found this out, we decided to just cancel with Pratts Falls and cut out losses, since they're having such a hard time keeping the park open, just drama we want to avoid.

So with all of that being said, we're starting fresh! We're looking for a location that's pretty much all inclusive, but wont cost us an arm and a leg. We're already under contract with a photographer who is willing to work with us on a new date, but other than that we're starting over! We haven't decided on a new date yet either, and we're open to whatever at this point. (After May 2011, before November 2011.)

The most important aspect to us is aesthetics. I'm very against ugly chairs, chair covers, and bizarre carpet :) The next important aspect would be of course the food. We're planning on having a short civil ceremony, and are even playing with the idea of making it a part of dinner. Which would really only leave us looking for a fabulous reception location, no need for an alter ceremony location and all of that jazz.

Any input would be helpful! Banquet halls, trendy restaurants, whatever!
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Affordable all inclusive locations?

• edited December 2011
    What area are you looking to get married in? I know alot of people on this board are from Syracuse-ish and beyond... I'm in Rochester/Finger Lakes, some are more the other direction...  is your family around here somewhere?
    Photobucket
    image 169 Made the cut!
    image 137 Are ready to party! image29 Are missing out! image 3 Are making me crazy!
  • kariannecarrkariannecarr member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We have a large portion of our family in the Syracuse area, but I also a lot of family coming in from out of state. I think we'd like to stay within the Syracuse area, or surrounding areas.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    hmm. I'm sorry I'm not familiar with Syracuse enough to give advice, but if you look into the Finger Lakes at all, there are a few wineries I love, - Glenora, and Ventosa are nice.. also Bellhurst Castle (Geneva) I've seen an indoor ceremony done very tastefully there, and its super gorgeous.
    Photobucket
    image 169 Made the cut!
    image 137 Are ready to party! image29 Are missing out! image 3 Are making me crazy!
  • edited December 2011
    My reception is at Glenora.  A little on the pricey side, but the location is a dream... the wedding coordinator is absolutely fabulous!!!!  The place is totally gorgeous and the wine and food are amazing... perfect!!!  It has been a great experience so far and I highly recommend it... and will definitely post a more detailed review after my wedding.
    Miss Mrs. New & Improved Blog Chart
    Online Garage Sale
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
    monica & kevin married 5.28.11
    bfp 8.11.11 - m/c 8.17.11
    bfp 11.11.11 - edd 7.25.12
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • edited December 2011
    We got married yesterday and had the reception at Gilfillan's West Hill. I can't say enough wonderful things about them! The food was amazing and they worked so hard to make sure we got exactly what we wanted! For 6 passed hors d'ourves, a salad bar, pasta bar, and carving station and 4 hours of open bar we spend $46 per person (with a Friday night discount). The upstairs room is rustic and the downstairs room is more wedding-y. I highly suggest looking into them.

As far as your three points, the chairs aren't even remotely ugly though they are just plain black. We didn't get chair covers and I highly doubt anyone noticed the chairs. The carpet is brand new (they replaced it this fall I think) and neutral.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFetus Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    Gilfillans is great! My sister got married there in 2006. How big is your wedding? Just to get an idea on Rest. size
    Photobucket
  • kolaughlin23kolaughlin23 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I have done a lot of reasearch on this.... we decided to do a destination wedding but before that I was looking for an all inclusive place as well. Some of the places I looked into were:
     Lafayette Country Club which I know is on the cheaper side 
    Brewster Inn is beautiful, but you have to have your reception before 5pm its about $50/person
    The Wellington House in Fayettville is nice
    Castaways in Brewerton is very reasonable and on the water it is about 30/person
    Wysockis in Cicero is reasonable at about 30/person
    The Brae Loch in Cazenovia is about 53/person
    The Whitetail in Manlius is about 40/person
    I have other places but I am not sure on the price. I have an excel fileof all the places I looked into let me know if you want me to send it to you.
  • edited December 2011
    Orchard Vali was nice too.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFetus Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards