Not Engaged Yet

Interview!

I was totally MIA this weekend... too much work time, which made me want anything BUT computer time when I got home. Hope everyone had a glorious weekend & my other Northeastern friends survived the Nor'easter! I was kind of hoping for more snow here - I bought a Subaru & I'm excited to try out my AWD ;-)

So, my AW moment of the day... I have a phone/Skype interview at 2 p.m. today for a marketing/communications position with a bank up in Maine :-) Fingers crossed, please!! I'm trying not to get too excited, because I always end up super disappointed. I haven't even told my mom. BF & I talked about it, because it would be a slight pay cut and a pretty major move. Thinking positive, but not expecting anything.

Anything exciting happen with anyone else this weekend?

*******************************************************************************************

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Re: Interview!

• Blue & WhiteBlue & White member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    edited December 2011
    Yay, good luck with the interview!

My family got pretty snowed in in Jersey, but VA made it out okay (probably because we're all the way at the bottom of VA!)

Had the BF's parents up this weekend, so that was fun :)  Lots of house decorating, haha.
    I guess, to tell you the truth, I've never had much of a desire to grow facial hair. I think I've managed to play quarterback just fine without a mustache. - Peyton
  • lunarsongbirdlunarsongbird member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_interview?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:136Discussion:6d981c35-61d3-43ba-aeea-7b41d1df6a45Post:d11b239e-6e6a-4369-9e81-d06e06e165b6">Interview!</a>:
    [QUOTE]I was totally MIA this weekend... too much work time, which made me want anything BUT computer time when I got home. Hope everyone had a glorious weekend & my other Northeastern friends survived the Nor'easter! I was kind of hoping for more snow here - I bought a Subaru & I'm excited to try out my AWD ;-) So, my AW moment of the day... I have a phone/Skype interview at 2 p.m. today for a marketing/communications position with a bank up in Maine :-) Fingers crossed, please!! I'm trying not to get too excited, because I always end up super disappointed. I haven't even told my mom. BF & I talked about it, because it would be a slight pay cut and a pretty major move. <strong>Thinking positive, but not expecting anything</strong>. Anything exciting happen with anyone else this weekend?
    Posted by BriSox81[/QUOTE]

Andrew and I call this cautiously optimistic. I'll be sending good vibes!
    LilySlim Weight loss tickers
  • edited December 2011
    Good luck!
    PhotobucketWedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    Thanks ladies!! I'll let you all know how it goes.

Liv - why am I not surprised we both have Subarus?? haha. I have a 2011 Legacy - I wanted AWD for the winter & a manual transmission, so I went Subaru. I LOVE it.

*******************************************************************************************

• Hazel_BHazel_B member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
  • Elle1036Elle1036 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    Good luck with your interview! ETA: If it's a Skype interview, make sure you look directly into your webcam (not your computer screen) when you answer questions. That makes it feel like eye contact for the interviewer.
  • tuarceathatuarceatha member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment Name Dropper
    edited December 2011
    Good luck today!
  • jorja86jorja86 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Good Luck!
  • edited December 2011
    Thanks, ladies :-)

I think it went well, but I've been wrong before, so I don't want to get too excited. I had an interview earlier this fall for a communications position with a hospital up in Maine, drove up there & everything, and then didn't even get a second interview, even though I felt like it went really well. I was devistated. Which is why I'm trying not to get too excited about this.

They have a pretty quick timeline - said I should know in the next couple of days if I get a second interview, and then they will conference in one of the other marketing people from the second corporate office in Boston. Keep those fingers crossed!! :-)

• DanieKADanieKA member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    That's great news! I like when companies have a quick turnaround. I hate when companies keep you hanging for weeks and weeks with no communication. I'm sure you rocked it!
  • edited December 2011
    Good luck and keep us posted!

Anniversary

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards