Wedding Cakes & Food Forum

Fake or Real Flowers???

We are getting a custom made cake, but Publix does not put flowers so we have to put them on or have our caterer put them on for us. Should we use real flowers with Floral Picks or use silk flowers?? 
Wedding Countdown Ticker LilySlim Weight loss tickers

Re: Fake or Real Flowers???

• edited December 2011
    Either one is fine! 

What are you doing for the rest of your flowers?  I would probably keep it the same for simplicities sake.  So...  If you are already having a florist, it might just be easier to have them take care of it.  If you're doing fake flowers it would be easier to make some for the cake rather than dealing with real flowers just for that. 
    imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker Follow Me on Pinterest
  • anika.alfredanika.alfred member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    we don't actually have a "florist" - a friend of my caterer (my aunt is catering) said she'd do our flower displays near the food tables and my FMIL's friend offered to make mine and my MOH bouquets... so the flowers are going to be a bit mixed anyways.
  • FaithCaitlinFaithCaitlin member
    5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    My Publix told me that I could take the cake to the floral department and the florist there could put flowers on my cake. Would that work for you?

imageUntitledmy read shelf:
    Faith (FaithCaitlin)'s book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
  • anika.alfredanika.alfred member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Oh - that's a great idea!! I didn't think of that! I'll ask when we do our cake tasting
  • cmp1986cmp1986 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I like the idea of fake flowers. Seems easier to me.
  • cincychick35cincychick35 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I bought a beautiful silk flower cake topper from an etsy seller.  It is really beautiful...so that may be an option.  Her store name is It Tops the Cake.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards