Hawaii

NWR: Drinks!

In honor of the upcoming holiday weekend (at least for the US Knotties), what's your drink of choice?  Also, please post your favorite brands, flavors, recipes, etc!   I'd love to add some new beverages to my routine.

EANAB = equally attractive, non-alcoholic beverage :)

Re: NWR: Drinks!

• edited December 2011
    I voted more than 1 of the above, LOL, what a surprise.  Our household staples:

Beer: Cuzquena and Optimator

Wines:
    Rex Goliath Cab.  $6 a bottle, can't be beat for the price.
    Catena Malbec.  Perfect for a heavy meats night.  Steak anyone?
    New Age sparkling white.  Add fresh strawberries: the perfect brunch drink.

Spirits:
    Sobieski Vodka - best. deal. in. America.
    Glenlivet 12 - a staple.
    Maccallan 21 - for special nights
  • edited December 2011
    I also voted on more than 1 of the above... but I don't have anything fancy to add!

Beer - Heineken or Heineken Light (99 calories!)
    Mixed Drinks - Passionfruit Mojitos or Lava Flows (Pina Colada & Strawberry Daiquiri mixed)

Of course a nice mimosa doesn't hurt either. ;)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    Squirt and tequila with a dash of fresh lime juice
    Watermelon mojito's
    Mimosa's also never hurt =)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • fabutanfabutan member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Fun!  :)  I'm more of a beer person...always have Corona in the fridge.  Have a thing for imported beer...especially belgium fruit beer, due to the time I spent in Europe.  Yum!  :)

• motoLynmotoLyn member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    Cactus cooler and parrot bay are a go to in my neck of the woods.
  • edited December 2011
    fabutan - where in Europe, and how long? 

Squirt and tequila with a dash of fresh lime juice -- interesting!  Does it turn out like a light, fizzy margarita?
  • fabutanfabutan member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Tanq - 6 years in England!  :)  Plus a few months stint in a couple other countries (Austria, France, Italy)....and no, I'm not in the army!!  ;P

• breanessbreaness member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Margaritas here!

And I am guilty of registry stalking-- someone got us the battery operated margaritaville frozen concoction maker and I am SO excited! Our shower is next weekend (july 9th) and I can't wait to have it for our trip to OBX and to take it out on the beach with us :)
  • edited December 2011
    Blue moon for beer, simple/cheap white zin for wine and my favorite mixed drink is sailor jerrys rum with coke! I used to be all about vanilla vodka & sprite but now it just reminds me of hangovers back in my partying days. Oh and a recent fav is bellatore gran spumante champagne! We bought it every week to celebrate our engagement for a while.
  • AKWinterBrideAKWinterBride member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Hmmm, if I'm drinking to really drink, give me tequila shots - yum!!! 

If I'm drinking wine, I go with the Kung Fu Girl Reisling (which we are having at our wedding).

For fruity drinks, you can't beat a strawberry margarita or Miami Vice!!
    Photobucket Photobucket Anniversary
  • edited December 2011
    AKWB - tequila shots are *so* my party drink of choice.  Otherwise, Tanqueray & tonics.  Must investigate Kung Fu Girl Riesling.  Never heard of it, but I love rieslings.  Dr. Loosen YUM (although the name always made me snicker)
  • edited December 2011
    It's Canada Day on Friday! So, it's a party weekend for most of North America. =)

I'm totally a wine girl. I used to do a lot more of the mixed cocktails, but I just can't handle too much of the hard stuff anymore.
  • tiggy5555tiggy5555 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Ok if I want to get buzzed it would be Patron with lime...

Sipping drinks would be a Midori Sour (Midori and sweet & sour equal parts), Malibu coconut rum with pinapple juice, Baileys on ice, and this drink called an Island drop served at The Yard House restaurant. I think it's like vodka, lime juice, pineapple, blue curracao, and rum with a sugar rim served in a martini glass YUMMY!! 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    image139 Were invited to paradise!
    image 39 Are ready to party!
    image 100 Are stuck on the mainland!
    image 0 Need to check their mail!
  • edited December 2011
    Tanq- that's pretty close! Try it. It's cheap and gets the job done. LOL! Relaxation!!!!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • maui2011maui2011 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    What i drink is usually driven by something...for example warm summer day = beer...my beer of choice is Stella Artois...dinner party = wine...my fave type of wines are pinot grigio and pinot noir...i guess i like the pinot grape...does it exist...going out to a resto = martini...i'm kind of boring so i usually order a cosmo, also like Bellini’s but i only order at one particular resto...my friends got me into this Brazilian drink...can't remember the name which is similar to a mojitio Brazilin style...this drink will be our something new at our wedding...mojitios nuff said. J. :-)
  • edited December 2011
    Tiggy - wow I haven't had a Midori Sour in years! Now I am craving one!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • FSForeverFSForever member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Limon Bacardi and diet Sprite! Can't be 7up as there is not enough Fizz.  I bought a bottle of Raspberry Bacardi on our last cruise but not really sure what to mix it with? and I have a liter of it. :')
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards