New York

Thank Yous (Partial Husband Rant)

Well, after 3 months my half of the Thank Yous are finally done and will be sent out tomorrow. I cant say the same however for Josh's. I did a few of his (1 or 2) b/c he had an Aunt/Uncle who couldnt make it and emailed Josh to ask if we received the gift, so I made sure theirs got done.

Last time I asked Josh to do his he got all pissy and pulled the "I work hard" yada yada, to whcih I recanted with, and I sit at a desk all day and the last thing I want to do when I come home is sit and write some more, so suck it up. Then I sat down to write more and I handed him 3 cards and said "The least you can do is write the 3 to mom, dad, and sister". He set them aside and said "I will later. They not done.

So today Josh is home sick. Score. I sent him a text saying "This is the last time Im asking. All thats left are your family. Im not doing them. Im not a rude person and I certainly didnt marry one. So while your just sitting around all day, write them" If I come home and he's done none of them, Im going to count up the money I got from my family and friends and its going to be deposited into my personal acct. Im done with this game.

People are inherently stupid. Weddings make it painfully obvious -- KevinandMonica
Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Re: Thank Yous (Partial Husband Rant)

• Happily9Happily9 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Get 'em Bridgett!!! Stand you ground!  He is a grown man and capable of writing out a few thank yous! I think men just don't like doing what isn't convienent for them!
  • edited December 2011
    I agree, men really don't like doing anything that isn't a requirement here and now. If it makes you feel better, I'm still waiting for a thank you note from my cousin and her husband. They got married in October, 2006.

I'm sure the last of yours will be done soon!

image 131 invited image 120 are ready to party! image 11 will miss the festivities! Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • ski2playski2play member
    edited December 2011
    Good job you....I like your way of thinking!
  • sbolger17sbolger17 member
    edited December 2011
    Men are so lazy sometimes!!  He's probably still hoping you'll back down and do them.  Keep it up!
    Anniversary
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_central-new-york_thank-yous-partial-husband-rant?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:621Discussion:15e10cff-81e4-45da-b66b-086cbb3b2a2dPost:ca6dfa3b-58a4-469e-ad1c-c6884254b401">Re: Thank Yous (Partial Husband Rant)</a>:
    [QUOTE]Men are so lazy sometimes!!  <strong>He's probably still hoping you'll back down and do them.</strong>  Keep it up!
    Posted by sbolger17[/QUOTE]

No chance. If it comes down to it, they dont get any. Ill be a bit uncomfortable with it, but Im more uncomfortable with giving in. My SIL has a "No Thank You Card" policy. She believes that if she says thank you to your face then a card is repetitive and unnecessary. So, for her wedding in 08 she never sent any b/c she thanked everyone as they left the wedding.

So if <u>his</u> family doesnt get any, chalk it up to poor family etiquette. At least mine got theres 

People are inherently stupid. Weddings make it painfully obvious -- KevinandMonica
  • edited December 2011
    My fiance doesn't ever help with stuff like that either. I'm pretty sure he feels it's "the woman's job." I could be wrong though.

On another note, out of the last five weddings I have been to, I have only received ONE thank you. So maybe it's just 'customary' that some people don't do them anymore. *sigh*
  • edited December 2011
    Good for you Bridgett!  I wrote every single save the date and invitation address, so if I had it my way Marc would be doing every thank you.  I'm too nice though so I'm helping with the thank yous, but I absolutely refuse to do more than my share!!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_central-new-york_thank-yous-partial-husband-rant?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:621Discussion:15e10cff-81e4-45da-b66b-086cbb3b2a2dPost:2583a4f4-14c7-4b62-a039-722774fb7a3f">Re: Thank Yous (Partial Husband Rant)</a>:
    [QUOTE]Good for you Bridgett!  I wrote every single save the date and invitation address, so if I had it my way Marc would be doing every thank you.  I'm too nice though so I'm helping with the thank yous, but I absolutely refuse to do more than my share!!
    Posted by acmj11[/QUOTE]

If I could make him do it, he'd have done them all as well. When he pulls the "I work my asss off everyday" chit I always come back with a "I worked fulltime, went to school parttime and planned one hell of a wedding". With this text I told him that on Monday i was starting internship M-F 5-9 on top of my M-F 830-430 job, my PT job (which takes over almost every other Saturday), and all the MOH stuff I need to do for my sisters Oct wedding. I told him my life for the next 2 semesters was going to be hell and I didnt want to hear him whine about having to write a few thank yous while sipping beer after working 7-3.

I think he has this entitled chit in his head b/c A) he has a labor intensive job vs my desk job (that I biitch about everyday b/c my 4 yr old nephews could do it) and B) b/c his mother caters to his stepdads every flipping move. He knows I refuse to be like his mom and that he will take part in the family and household duties, but he was raised with a mom who catered, so it hard to break.

I will break it though!

• edited December 2011
    I dont mean any of this to come off as he's lazy or a bad husband. He works very hard and is a very dedicated employee and husband (in fact today he woke me up to tell me he threw up and felt  he would again and wondered if I thought it was ok for him to call in sick b/c he believes if youre not dead, you can be working). Im just a bit frustrated with his "womans work" attitude and these damned thank yous

Had to make note of that :)

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards