Catholic Weddings

What to wear to Pre Cana?

FI and I have pre cana on Saturday.  Dress pants and nice shirt appropriate?
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: What to wear to Pre Cana?

• csh96csh96 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We wore jeans and a nice sweater/shirt.  There was a range but most people were in jeans.
    image &nbsp ? image
    Anniversary BabyFruit Ticker
  • mica178mica178 member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Most people wore jeans to EE when I went too.  No one dressed up, but maybe we're California casual.
  • edited December 2011
    I wore jeans to my first meeting with our priest. My fiance wore khakis and we both wore nice sweaters. I would have wore dress pants, but we actually had an ice storm and I knew I would fall on my butt if I wore dress shoes:)
  • katetwkatetw member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I've worn nice jeans and a nice shirt to both Pre-Cana and the meetings with the priest, perfectly appropriate.
  • catarntinacatarntina member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Our pre-cana was right after Mass on Sundays so I wore what I wore to church -- nice shirt and nice dress slacks.
    ---------
    Anniversary

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • edited December 2011
    Ditto the others on jeans (though I do live in the (not so) Wild West). We did an all-day session at a retreat center, so being comfortable was actually important, because there was a lot of sitting and some time for walking around.

I did wear a skirt to our very first meeting, but it was a super-casual one and what I would consider equal to nice jeans and a nice shirt/sweater for summer.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Calypso1977Calypso1977 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Answer Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    i personally wouldnt wear jeans, but i dont wear jeans to mass either.

i thikn you can be just as comfortable in a pair of khakis as a pair of jeans.

we always wore church appropriate clothing to our sessions.
  • newlyseliskinewlyseliski member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011

Our pre-cana was Friday evening and all day Saturday, concluding with confession and Mass.

We were both casual/jeans on Friday, but wore exactly what you're planning on wearing on Saturday! 

• Nickie431Nickie431 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    The information for our upcoming Engaged Encounter retreat weekend specified that comfortable (and modest) clothing was appropriate, even sweats or shorts.  I'd assume the same is appropriate for the Pre-Cana program.
    "Do not fear, for I have redeemed you; I have called you by name; you are Mine!" (Isaiah 43:1)
  • edited December 2011
    Think business casual. That may mean different things to different people, but, think no jeans and no cocktail/prom dresses.
    Anniversary
  • edited December 2011

We wore jeans and nice tops/shoes.  There were people wearing sweat pants and other wore dresses.  We were in the middle. Thanks ladies!

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    I wore jeans. Some of the couples were even in sweats! It's a long day and we had to sit on the floor for a short time so it was nice to be comfortable.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • MopsieBMopsieB member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Jeans. We had to get up early on a Saturday, but we were going out for drinks and dinner afterwards, so I also threw on a blazer. But everyone wore jeans at ours (Chicago).
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards