Honeymoon Discussions

We won a free honeymoon (maybe)

So I signed up for a bridal show, but was unable to actually attend it.  Well apparently they still had my name in their system and gave it to the venders.  One of those venders was American Prestige, and I won their drawing for a free 3 day 2 night honeymoon.   We can take the all inclusive (except airfare and passports) to the Bahamas, Dominican Republic, or Mexico OR we can take a vacation to one of many US locations but only the hotel is included.  The catch is that we need to go to their seminar where they try to sell us products (which we aren't going to be buying).  If we do have to buy their products to get it, we wont take it.  We are going to make sure there aren't any other "catches" before accepting.  Idk if it sounds to good to be true or not... what do you think?  Have you ever won a vacation?  If so was it as they said it would be or not?

http://www.americanprestige.com/Company/Bridal-Vacations.aspx 

Re: We won a free honeymoon (maybe)

• this is a SCAM SCAM SCAM!!!! I won something similar at a bridal show and so did my FSIL and it is a time-share thing. I would look for more reviews online, I'm sure you will find stories of people who actually went.
  • It'd be a pain to sit through if you arent insterested but timeshares are not always a bad thing.
  • Ugh, I am sorry to tell you this, but they are trying to pull one over on you.
    Everyone who registers for or attends a bridal show ends up *winning* something like this.... there are several other posts on here about it.
    But what ends up happening is they either make you buy something, sit through a 4 hours presentation hours away, or block out all the dates you actually want to take your trip.
    If you actually do win something ~ there will be no strings attached. Otherwise, if something sounds too good to be true, it probably is.
    BabyFetus Ticker

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Being married is a real thriller! =)

• I got a call similar to this a couple months ago...it is defintely a scam (sorry to say it). They wouldn't stop calling me until I told them to take me off of their call list and when I asked what the catch was, they told me that I needed to sit through a time share presentation.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Everyone get this call - in fact, I think we "won" 7 or 8 honeymoons over the course of our planning. It's a scam.
    imageimageimage
  • believe there was a post about this in the last few days. scroll down

• Ditto PP.  This was/is a scam.
  • I had this exact same scenario. However we went to the product show, as we really had nothing better to do that day and it was nearby. With no purchase whatsoever, they gave us the certificate. (There were other bigger, better prizes if you bought thier crappy over-priced cookware)

The certificate was legit, there were hotels listed on the back and we called and checked with one. The catch is, who wants a 2 day honeymoon? You are likely going to want to book extra nights and those will be charged at regular rate. You will also have to pay the taxes for the free nights which doesn't amount to much on it's own, but once you factor in the flight, food and entertainment you would have been better off going all inclusive somewhere for seven nights.

We never used it.
  • It's a scam, sorry. We got the same exact call and they were going to give us a free cooked dinner in our home and we had it all set up and everything and they called the morning of and said their cook couldn't make it. I never called back and that was the end of it.
  • I've actually been told by my boss that going to a timeshare thing is a good way to get a vacation.  Kind of working the system.  You have to go into it, willing to sit through a presentation, but also KNOWING that you will say no.  And they will SELL IT!!!  So if you decide to take the offer, make sure you take your backbone and conviction with you and know that you will say no from the beginning.  My boss did it and got a 3 day stay in Hawaii!
  • Funny, I "won" the same package... 3 times!

Total scam.  You get entered in these things when you sign forms at wedding expos and David's Bridal. Don't even entertain the thought.
    Scrabble high score: 531
  • We did this and sat through a presentation for about an hour. We did not buy anything and honestly I didn't think it was the biggest deal in the world, just because it was nearby and I wasn't doing anything else that day. We haven't used the hotel stay yet so honestly I can't say anything about how easy it is to book or the quality of the hotels just yet. But if you are ok with sitting through a presentation, paying the taxes on the room and any airfare then it is at least something.
  • I hate to bust your bubble....but it really is a scam.  We've won the same trip several times just because we put our name in the little drawing box.  Things like this are always too good to be true!

Leigh Anne & Billy
    *October 2nd, 2010*
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • The trips that you win from bridal shows are a joke.  We "won" a few times and each time had to yell at the people to quit calling, because they would call over, and over, and over again.

On the other hand, I actually DID win a free honeymoon in a sweepstakes that Modern Bride magazine had.  We went on our honeymoon to Jamaica in June for 8 days.  All completely free including airfare.  So it DOES happen sometimes!!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards