Honeymoon Discussions

Please Help Us Decide!

I've never posted on this board, but I’m hoping you girls can help.  Our wedding is in 3 months and we still have no idea where to go on our honeymoon.  Right now FI has narrowed it down to the following places:

Sandals Grande Antigua
Excellence PuntaCana
Sandals Grande St. Lucia
Secrets Wild Orchid Montego Bay

I've gone back pages on this board and read all the reviews I can find on these particular places.  But we still can’t seem to decide where to go.  Can anyone give me any more pluses and minuses for these vacation spots? Or is there anywhere else you would recommend?  I’m looking for a nice place where we can relax on the beach, but I’d like to have the option to do different excursions to get out of the resort.  FI wants all inclusive and ideally we’d spend no more than $4000 for 7 nights.  If we go a little over $4000, I’m okay with that.  

I’ve never been out of the country so I’m sure anywhere we go will be wonderful.  But I’d really like to avoid the “standard” places if at all possible.  This is why Antigua and St. Lucia stand out to me.  But the reviews on trip advisor don’t seem to be so great. 

Any help or other ideas are greatly appreciated!  Thank you!  - Sorry this was so long!

Re: Please Help Us Decide!

• We're going to St Lucia (although not staying at a Sandals). The island seems different to us than other islands. For starters its very mountainous, which most islands are more flat terrain. Plus we wanted fun active excursions outside our villa/suite. St Lucia offered those pitons (volcanic hikes), helicopter tours, cocoa plantation tours, and best of all the rainforest zip-line tour. 
    Some honeymooners want to relax by a secluded beach their entire stay (like the sexy & posh Bora Bora, etc). This would be fab also, but we wanted some activity. 
    I've checked out the website: Sandals in Antigua. It offers romantic round-oval "bungalos" w/ private plunge pools. Beautiful. But not sure how much activities throughout the island. 
    There are so many places, but you'll have to take account into flight prices; so staying relatively close to the states might help keep you within the 4K. 
    Try to envision yourself at each choice. And when you read reviews, try to see what kind of people loved the location & who was doing the complaining. Their pet peeves, might not be yours. :-)
    Wherever you's end up - I'm sure you will enjoy it. Its a different place! :-) 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards