Nebraska-Omaha
Options

Vendor Reviews!

We were married on July 31, and we couldn't have asked for a more perfect day! Everything was amazing. I wanted to share my vendor reviews! The wedding was in Fremont, so some of the vendors are from there.

Catering-HyVee Fremont A+
We had a pasta bar with penne tossed in meat sauce and chicken alfredo. It was delicious and everyone raved about how much they enjoyed having something different than the usual wedding food. The dinner was buffet style but their setup was very professional looking and they were very quick to get everyone through the line. Also, the pasta bar is advertised as coming with cookies, but they allowed us to substitute green beens for no extra charge.

Cake-HyVee Fremont A+
LaVonda did awesome on our cake! I loved the unique design of it. Each tier was a different flavor and it worked out wonderfully. Everyone loved having multiple flavors to choose from.

Flowers-HyVee Fremont A
Brenda and her team did an awesome job on the flowers. I was really happy with the size of the bouquets. Lots of times at weddings, I feel like the BM bouquets are way too small, but she did a great job of making them proportionate. Also, the price couldn't be beat. The reason I'm not giving them an A+ is because they used a lot of hydrangea in the bouquets and it wilted very quickly being such a hot day. They did leave instructions to keep them in water as much as possible, but I think less hydrangea would have made more sense.

DJ-Mark with Bandstand A+++
Mark was fabulous! He was one of the first vendors we booked after reading such great reviews of him on here. He definitely lived up to his expectations. He was happy to help with anything we needed during dinner and the toasts, and he kept the dance floor full the entire night.

Decorator-Maxine and Ashlee with Enchanted Events A+++
These ladies are a mother/daughter team out of Fremont, and they do amazing work. I was a little hesitant to book a decorator at first because I thought it was silly to spend money on something I could do myself, but thank goodness I did! It turned out much more beautiful than anything I would've done. Plus, they set everything up and tore everything down. My family didn't have to worry about any clean up. Such an awesome investment.

Day-of-Coordination-Maxine and Ashlee with Enchanted Events A+++
This was something else I was hesitant to book. However, I'm so glad I did. They had one person at the reception venue all day letting the vendors in and one person at the church. One of our flower girls decided last minute she wasn't going to walk down the aisle. Our coordinator was the only one there and she happily took care of her through the entire ceremony. She also cleaned up at the church and ensured everything got transferred to the reception. This was ridiculously reasonable in cost, too.

Transportation-Jone-Z Party Bus A
Not the fanciest thing, but you get what you pay for. We didn't want to spend a ton on transporation, so I was thrilled to find this company. The seats have been pulled out of an old school bus and arranged in a U shape so everyone can see each other. Plenty of room for 30 people. They have an iPod dock so you can bring your own music--so much fun! I just wish we could've been on the bus longer! My only complaint is that the minimum booking time is 3 hours. We only needed it for 2, so we had to pay for an hour for nothing.

Photo booth-Joe's Photo Booth A+
Absolutely loved the photo booth! It was a big hit with the guests! It was busy the entire night. The attendant was very nice. Only complaint was they said they would have a scrapbook for the photos to go into and guests to sign, but they didn't. I actually think it ended up being better because it would have backed the line up. But just a little bummed that it was supposed to be there and wasn't.

Bride's Dress-Black Tie White Satin (Fremont) A+
Being from Fremont, I've gotten every special occasion dress here that I've ever needed. I'm glad I didn't change that for my wedding dress. We went in on a week day and were the only ones in the store. I basically had the whole store to myself. They also have a nice size selection of discontinued sale dresses. I appreciated that because I didn't have a huge budget to work with. They were also great with alterations. It's a base price of $149 for all cleaning, pressing, alterations. I thought that was reasonable considering what all is included. My dress didn't fit right after my final fitting, but they had it realtered and ready to go within a week.

Bridesmaid Dresses-David's Bridal B+
I wasn't thrilled with our sales associate. She wasn't rude, just wasn't really friendly either. And didn't have a ton of knowledge about the dresses. However, we picked out an adorable dress for only $99. The price was great. They did order one girl an incorrect size, but they gladly exchanged it for us.

Tuxes-Men's Wearhouse A-
Sometimes we had good service, sometimes it was just okay. The lady that setup our order was very helpful and efficient. However, when the tuxes came in, they notified some of the guys, but not all. Also, I took my little brother in to pick up his tux. He's only 14 and had never worn a tux before and the guy didn't explain anything to him. Just kind of threw him into a fitting room. He figured everything out, but a little service would have been helpful for him.

Alcohol-Denny's (Fremont) A+++
They did an awesome job. I had people come up to me and tell me how efficient and friendly the bartenders were. No complaints.

Photography-Kaitlyn Davis Photography A+
Kaitlyn did an awesome job. She's fairly new to the field, but she does great work. I've only seen one teaser photo at this point, but I'm more than happy with it. She stayed all day long and her prices are very reasonable. I will post photos once I get them.

Videographer-Hamilton Video Productions A+
Chris did an awesome job. We didn't even know he was there! He stayed through all of the important events at the reception. He also told us he took photos during the ceremony and would send us those with our DVD. We are supposed to expect our DVD in 3 weeks, so I will post a more thorough review then.

Flower Girl Dresses-Ebay seller ms-unlimited A+
We didn't want to spend a ton on flower girl dresses, and I found this Ebay seller. We bought adorable dresses for $15 plus shipping. They look just like they came from a bridal store. Shipping was extremely fast, too. The sizing on her size chart seems a little off. I would order a little smaller if you aren't sure.

I think that's it!! If I think of any others, I will add them!

Re: Vendor Reviews!

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Thanks for sharing your reviews -- it's so helpful when brides come back to do this!
    I have a question about Maxine and Ashlee with Enchanted Events.  I was really hoping to get a DOC but I'm having trouble fitting it into my budget.  Do you mind sharing what they charged?  Feel free to PM me if you would rather not post it on this thread.
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Do you have any contact info for the ladies with Enchanted Events? Thank you...I would appreciate it :)
  • Options
    Chasity08Chasity08 member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Would you mind sending me the pricing info on Enchanted Events. Thanks so much!

And on MS-Unlimited, I ordered a dress from them as well for my daughter for her princess birthday party this year. They have the CUTEST dresses for sooo cheap! And the quality doesn't show it either! Definitely agree on the sizing, we ordered my daughters a little bit big thinking it would come small, but in reality it came BIG, so it was OVERLY big for her. But still worked out. Thanks for reminding me. I'm definitely going to check them out again for her Flower Girl dress!
  • Options
    akardiscoakardisco member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    The website for Enchanted is www.enchantedweddingsandevents.net. The contact info is also on there. I'm not sure if they offer day-of coordination separate from their decorating services, but it's always worth checking into! They are great to work with!

Chasity--Email me at ainslee.nicole@ hotmail. com and I will give you more specific pricing info. I'm horrible at checking my PMs on here! Also, what size flower girl dress are you needing? I have two that have never been worn to sell.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards