Wedding Woes
Options

I have a woe

Well, if you count knot suckage that will likely eat this post, I have two woes.

A few weeks back I bought some big beautiful plants from an elderly woman at my church who is moving into a condo.  One of them is an old jade plant that was really beautiful.  I have several jade plants, but none of them are as old as this one, so not nearly as substantial.  The lady I bought it from told me she had it for 30 years and how much she had enjoyed it and I promised to take good care of it.

I had it sitting on the little low bookshelf in my office.  It was a little top heavy and needed to be replanted.  I bought a new pot for it this weekend but hadn't gotten around to repotting yet.  This morning it was on the floor in a dozen pieces.  I'm not sure if it fell on its own or if the cat helped, but it makes me so sad.  There is still a core piece that is salvageable, but it is only a shadow of its former glory. :(

I just a friendly gal looking for options.

Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: I have a woe

• Options
    That is a bummer. I'm sorry zsa.

John wants to know what he can do to help?
  • Options
    i would be devastated. i'm so sorry for your loss. (that is not sarcasm)

i had an old aloe plant that killed itself in a similar way. the thing fell three damn times off of a shelf before it finally gave up on life competely. and it was beautiful and interesting. the leaves were in all different twirly shapes.

i hope that you can salvage the core and get it back to comething happy.
  • Options
    Oh, Jon.  Just hold me. 

I just a friendly gal looking for options.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Big bummer
  • Options
    i haz a sad for your plant. i insisted on carting my ficus to Texas in our car. i have no idea what will happen if/when we move next, but i need to find a way to take 7 citrus trees and the ficus.
  • Options
    I'm sorry. :( I am pretty impressed you kept a plant alive though. That's a fairly huge accomplishment in our house. Like when a housebound obese person walks.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards